Head Regulatory Capital Management & Planning
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss private banking group with a focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients and a premium brand in global wealth management. That is why a comprehensive range of services and first-class service quality are essential - as are the committed teams that provide them. YOUR CHALLENGE
The head Regulatory Capital Management & Planning is a key role in Julius Baer Group with the focus on optimising the capital ratios of the Group. Next to capital reporting, analysis and planning, the role holder is an active manager enhancing the Group's on balance sheet business. In addition, the role holder will be responsible for the Group's planning process regarding scenario setting and coordination of their calculation. Therefore, the role requires an in depth knowledge of the banks on- and off-balance sheet business, interdisciplinary thinking and calls for interactive international and cross-divisional cooperation. The respective management responsibilities can be summarized as follows:
- Group's capital & liquidity reporting comprising
- Final sign off of periodic reports (such as Basel III, in particular Pillar 3)
- Monitoring of Basel III BIS and FINMA regulatory developments, impact assessment of new rules and final interpretation of relevant rules
- Responsibility for project portfolio and related budget to ensure compliance to existing and new regulations (methods, systems, processes)
- Maintain relationships with FINMA and external audit firm
- Monitoring of regulatory limits, analysis of root causes for deviations. Proposal and implementation of appropriate management actions including direct instructions to business.
- Assessing and optimizing the effect on regulatory limits (such as RWA, LCR and leverage ratio) of the Group's existing and new balance sheet products
- Leading the Group's capital, balance sheet and liquidity budgeting and planning. This includes the definition of company-specific scenarios for the Group and the major Group companies as well as leading the close coordination of their implementation with business planning.
- Global supervision of local implementation of Basel III rules
- Global competence centre for regulatory and economic cost of capital
- University degree or equivalent
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience in a leading role in respect of regulatory capital and liquidity reporting
- Expertise in respect of Basel III regulations and its application in Switzerland. Knowledge of European regulations is a plus.
- Strong leader with ability to explain and convince
- Fluent in German and Engish
- Experience regarding scenario based planning
- High interpersonal skills paired with excellent communication ability
- Proven project track record in a leading role
- Readiness to travel occasionally
- Hands on, solution and delivery oriented mind-set
HR Contact: Stephanie Laesser, HR Consultant, 058/888 54 28
We are looking forward to receiving your full job application through our online application tool. You can find further interesting job opportunities from the Home Page or under Similar Jobs section.