Group Compliance Business Partner: Investments 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 19 Oct 18
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our Group Compliance Team in a senior role that will provide expert support and challenge to the Group Investments Team at our Head Office in Zurich as well as being the key Compliance Investments contact for Zurich's Compliance Teams globally. You will work closely with senior management to help detect and mitigate compliance, regulatory and reputational risks and help to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. This new high profile position offers the opportunity to work with the Group Chief Compliance Officer to define and shape the role as well as excellent long term career opportunities.
As the Group Compliance Business Partner for Investments your main responsibilities will involve:
- Building strong and collaborative relationships with senior investment team leadership at Corporate Center and globally with local country investment teams
- Providing expert day-to-day advice and independent challenge to investment professionals to enable them to successfully respond to business and regulatory changes and satisfy their ongoing compliance obligations
- Keeping abreast of relevant local laws, rules and regulations to ensure the business fully understands and responds appropriately, including tracking applicable regulatory consultation papers, notices and enforcement actions and identifying emerging themes or risks from areas of regulatory focus
- Working collaboratively with experts in Group Compliance, Group Risk and Group Audit to ensure an aligned and efficient approach
- Helping to develop, draft and update business policies and procedures, outlining firm policies, regulations and best practices
- Providing or supporting ongoing compliance training
- Development of appropriate compliance management information and reporting, attending investment committees and other senior management meetings to provide independent assurance and challenge
Your Skills and Experience
As the Group Compliance Business Partner for Investments your skills and qualifications will include:
- 5 years+ experience in a senior investment compliance role, either in a global banking, insurance, asset management or a consultancy firm environment
- A relevant degree or investment industry equivalent qualification
- An up to date knowledge of the investment commercial and regulatory environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to confidently present complex matters to all levels of management clearly and concisely
- Ability to analyze risks and controls, determine when controls are not operating effectively and make appropriate recommendations
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team
- Practical experience of working in a cross-regional context would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Able to use initiative and apply judgment
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Self-motivation and a willingness to learn and develop new skills.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.