Graduate Artificial Intelligence and Analytics (Data Engineering focussed)
GRADUATE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND ANALYTICS (DATA ENGINEERING FOCUSSED) Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland Summary of Practice Focus
The AIA (Artificial Intelligence and Analytics) practice within Cognizant is a team of 23000+ professionals delivering data and analytics driven solutions for customers worldwide. The practice provides advisory, consultation, architecture, design, delivery and support services in data and analytics across a broad spectrum ranging from traditional data management and reporting to the Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive. The practice aims to deliver solutions answering complex business needs in todays' digital world, leveraging data-driven paradigms, technologies and concepts.
With its 'Insights to AI', an advisory led consulting approach, the primary objective for the practice is to help its customers and partners become intelligence driven enterprises. The Practice Team
The practitioners work in diverse technology landscapes, leveraging their core capabilities and experiences, acquiring new skills all the time, helped by the practice's focus on people skill development. The practice offers innumerable opportunities across roles, functions, technologies and functions.
As we are currently strengthening our Switzerland operations we are looking to strengthen our team, especially in some special skills in the data and analytics space infused with the right attitude, passion, enthusiasm and drive that graduates from leading institutions bring. These are exciting times for all data solution providers and as a service, we are supremely excited of our people, skills, capabilities and offerings to succeed. Summary Job Description
As a Graduate Analyst, you will be involved in a range of activities based out of the Cognizant Switzerland offices or from a client location. You might be placed in client projects and engagements involving any of solution design, data analysis, development, testing or application support or be a part of ideation workshops, building pilot / prototypes based on client requirements or market needs. You will be working alongside experienced Cognizant colleagues to get the right level of coaching, guidance and support, coupled with on-the-job training that will help you quickly acquire the skills needed to succeed and grow. The job will also involve both self and guided learning leveraging the Cognizant Virtual Academy.
We see data engineering as an extremely important skill, required in all aspects of modern data and analytics platforms. It is an integral part of our solutions and platform offerings, used extensively in the data value chain from data acquisition to advanced analytics and AI. Key Accountabilities
Job Requirements Key Competencies
- Designs and develops data engineering components as per the agreed technical specifications in technical design documents and according to standards & best practices set by the project team and the client.
- Ensures adherence to quality and time commitments from the project to its owners and stakeholders.
- Performs quality assurance and testing of modules created by self
- Reviews and provides constructive feedback to deliveries from other team members
- Works with the business teams to understand the functional requirements and translating these into acceptable and usable component solutions
- Works and conducts self appropriately in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment requiring
- Solicits and is receptive to input and feedback from team members and supervisors / manager
- Pursues continuous learning for self and works to create and maintain cooperation among team members
- Ensures adherence to all Cognizant and client mandated regulations.
- Extremely sound database and SQL scripting skills
- Hands-on in the Linux operating system experience
- Experience in (or very good exposure to) constructing end-to-end data pipelines using any data integration tool or any programming language (refer the next point)
- Hands-on in any of Python, Spark, Java, R, MATLAB, Scala, or other similar programming language
- Hands on in any data platform component (ingestion, storage, processing, integration, governance life cycle management, reporting)
- Exposure to Big Data and / or any associated technologies like No SQL, columnar databases, ingestion frameworks like Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Exposure or hands-on in any of the cloud distributions
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Language skills: German, English
- You must be authorized and eligible to work freely in the EU
- Conceptually sound in and exposure to DevOps
- Experience of on-site / off-shore delivery model
- Strong experience with MS Tools: MS Project, Visio, Powerpoint, Word, Excel
- Other European language skills will be an advantage (e.g. Italian, French)
- Nice-to-have statistical (programming or modelling) background using R, Python
- Nice-to-have exposure / hands-on on a visualization tool or an analytics tool (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx, etc.)
About the Graduate Program
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or any associated Technology related field
Do you want to have an impact? Have you recently graduated from a university or will you do so in the next months? Then the Cognizant Graduate Program is what you are looking for. Starting with 2 weeks of virtual training with graduates from all over Europe, you will get a Buddy and a Mentor assigned on your 18 months Graduate Journey. On- and Offsite trainings in technical and soft skills across Europe will help you to constantly develop yourself and your knowledge. With a mindset focused on growth, the possibilities are endless within Cognizant. The Graduate Program has 3 starting dates in general. (January, May & September/October