- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Avaloq Evolution AG
Global Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Help us shape the future of banking.
Avaloq is driving the digital transformation and automation of the financial services industry. Our clients are the leading banks of today and tomorrow. Based on our fully integrated banking software, we create powerful digital experiences provided through a standardized Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS) model to banks and wealth managers.
To further spur innovation, we work with clients, other fintechs, universities and hundreds of third-party developers in a uniquely collaborative way we call the Avaloq Ecosystem.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq has more than 2,000 employees and has a presence in the world’s most demanding financial and innovation centres, including Berlin, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Paris, Singapore and Sydney.
More information is available at www.avaloq.com
As CISO, you will drive the security management of Avaloq globally by partnering and collaborating with the business at all levels including board. In this role you will define the company’s security strategy and be responsible for the successful implementation with internal and external stakeholders. The CISO provides leadership, sets clear accountabilities for security, and develops a strong security culture for Avaloq’s software development and IT departments as well as for the Business Process Outsourcing centres.
- Drive Avaloq’s vision for a secure banking of tomorrow and foster Avaloq’s reputation as trusted partner for business process outsourcing
- Define Avaloq’s security strategy
- Develop security policies and practices
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory mandates and industry standards, including ISO 27001; GDPR and sourcing contract requirements
- Support the development, implementation, and test of business continuity management plans
- Lead and develop the security teams
- Manage global security budget
- Partner with business and work closely with stakeholders such as risk management, legal and compliance
- Perform security risk assessments to identify security risks and propose how to mitigate them
- Act as the primary interface for Client’s security audits
- Verify and support compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Brief Avaloq’s leadership team on a regular basis on Information Security and Information Technology relevant trends, data, and more.
- Evaluate emerging cybersecurity and IT technologies for adoption to Avaloq, as well as provide guidance to sales and engineering teams.
- Responsible for ensuring ability to meet client third party assessment requirements
- Report regularly to senior management and the board
- Manage security incidents
- Provide security advice to projects and operations
- Provide security training and awareness to the entire organization
- Degree from a leading university in IT or Computer Science is required, MBA is a plus
- Professional certification such as CISM, CISA, CISSP is a plus
- Global extensive experience (5 years in minimum) in a CISO or similar role across medium to large size organisations is required
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of security practices & techniques and legal & regulatory requirements is required
- Sound knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of security controls is required
- Good knowledge of banking business or financial services is required
- Leadership skills to empower and lead a global team is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders is required
- Strong customer focus to meet the demands of internal and external customers is required
- Ability to adapt to a changing business environment, a fast-moving technology landscape and keep pace with latest security trends
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve goals
- Strong relationships with other CISOs and cybersecurity vendors is preferred
Main place of work
- Avaloq Evolution AG
- Alina Tauscher, Talent Acquisition Professional
- Allmendstrasse 140 - 8027 Zürich - Switzerland
Please only apply online.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.
Additional information on Avaloq and on our other vacancies can be found on www.avaloq.com/for-job-seekers