See job description for details
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Defense controls in identifying, managing, and/or mitigating financial crime risks (incl. Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Sanctions). The Financial Crime Controls Testing & Assurance Officer for IWM International will report into the Global Head of FC CTA and will act as the main accountable individual for the management of the portfolio of FC CTA activities that independently assess key financial crime controls applied in the IWM business division across all regions.
This is a dynamic and diverse role with expansive coverage requiring deep understanding of various high importance and high risk areas. products, and services, offered in a significant number of locations internationally. It would also include extensive interaction with and visibility amongst senior stakeholders across IWM Compliance and the Business. The role would be based in Zurich.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Develop a risk-based annual schedule of CTA reviews that clearly defines financial crime risk coverage in close collaboration with Global CTA Head, FCC, and IWM Divisional Compliance, with consideration of current Bank, divisional, and/or locational processes, programs, and risks;
- Oversee the execution of financial crime controls testing, monitoring, and assurance (incl. tools and technologies, where needed) on behalf of the IWM division across international locations in Switzerland, Americas, EMEA, and APAC;
- Lead a team of testing analysts and associates and ensure their deep familiarization of, and education on, the IWM division's key financial crime risks and controls, the business areas, products and services, to enable the team to more effectively and appropriately test and identify any emerging risks;
- Liaise with control owners/performers, Chief Compliance Officers, business heads, and key stakeholders as required to discuss and communicate CTA results and findings, collaborate on appropriate issue resolution/remediation, and identify trends and opportunities for program or control enhancement;
- Work with CTA Leads and Officers to incorporate data-driven techniques and analyses to drive targeted and risk-based testing and sampling;
- Support the periodic maintenance of global CTA standards based on IWM divisional nuances or changes to controls and identified risks and priorities;
- Accountable for internal and external audit commitments relating to IWM International CTA program.
The Global Financial Crime Controls Testing & Assurance ("FC CTA") function is a globally centralized independent testing program within the Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") group, which assesses the effectiveness of the design and operation of key 1st and 2nd Line of • A university degree in a finance or law-related area
- At least 6 years of working experience within international banking or financial institutions, optimally gathered in compliance, business risk management and/or audit
- In-depth familiarity and knowledge of private banking and wealth management businesses and risks, including asset management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required, knowledge of German is preferred, and additional language skills are a plus
- Working knowledge of AMLA, AMLO-FINMA legislation and regulations, and FATF international recommendations is critical, with experience in alternative jurisdiction-specific AML or financial crime regulations preferred
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to influence actions/agenda through meaningful messaging
- Experience leading a team both locally and remotely, including strong people management skills and open, team-oriented attitude
- Strong analytical skills which would include experience using, or close familiarity with, data analytics or interrogation tools (e.g. Tableau, Access, SQL)
Ms. G. Wiendlocha would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.