Financial Accounting and Reporting Specialist ? IFRS / XBRL
Are you a motivated self-starter with extensive experience in reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in the financial services industry and working with XBRL? Do you have experience in leading complex implementation projects in a large organization and in a team environment? We are looking for a strong candidate to join our Zurich team in order to:
- lead our XBRL reporting initiative, including analysis, implementation and ongoing project management
- clearly communicate and coordinate with a large internal stakeholder group, primarily based in Zurich, as part of this initiative
- provide senior and experienced support on the implementation of new financial reporting standards
- coordinate and lead meetings with the team in Zurich to drive the project, including mediation and resolution of any cases of conflicting stakeholder interests and priorities
- support our external reporting process, prioritize and manage the team's deliverables and closely collaborate with the Group External Reporting team
- design and implement disclosures complying with financial reporting and regulatory requirements
Your team :
You'll be working in Financial Accounting within the Group Accounting, Controlling & Policy team in Zurich. Our team prepares and analyzes underlying information in UBS's financial statements and regulatory reporting, ensuring compliance with IFRS and other relevant requirements as well as applicable banking regulations, and manages multiple reporting and filing requirements (including XBRL). Close interaction with a large senior stakeholder group in our Zurich location is critical as part of your role.
Your experience and skills :
- a university degree and accounting designation (CPA or similar), with accounting work experience (8 years minimum) either through a controlling, audit or consulting role, with part of this work experience through a role with the Big 4
- strong knowledge and proven experience/track record in working with reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), in particular with IFRS 9 and experience in working with XBRL (extensible business reporting language)
- proven experience in operating in a financial services environment, with banking industry or similar experience through working for an audit / consulting company
- the ability to self-start and work independently, with experience in leading and coordinating complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- a strong control and governance mentality with experience in the design of controls and governance frameworks
- excellent communication and process coordination / planning skills, as well as strong organization skills, including multi-tasking, prioritization and the ability to maintain your equilibrium under pressure
- methodical, concise and accurate, with a strong attention to detail
- a leader, with the ability to design and run projects independently and manage teams
- proficient and fluent in English
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.