Financial Accountant Group Consolidation & Transactions
Are you a financial accountant by profession with a passion for the analysis of complex transactions? Do you seek to incorporate your technical knowledge and business understanding into the operational set-up of an international finance organization achieving effective and compliant reporting outcomes? We're looking for someone like that who can help us:
- manage the financial close process (provide posting instructions to reporting entity controllers, closely monitor and reconcile results in the area of consolidation, foreign currency translations, investment/equity and intercompany elimination, perform investment valuations, etc.)
- participate in projects related to accounting & regulatory changes and reporting infrastructure/IT
- prepare quality analysis and reconciliations of key results with explanation of content and development to management
- analyze, advise on and execute individual transactions in collaboration with other Finance professionals across the globe
- ensure appropriate governance and compliance with UBS accounting policies, data standards and process requirements
- perform and document control procedures for SOX and other internal requirements
- enhance internal controls, reports and analytical reviews procedures
You'll be working in a small team of specialized professionals in Zurich within the Group Accounting, Controlling & Policy organization. The team's responsibilities span a variety of tasks including the oversight of the consolidation process, the accounting analysis & implementation of capital transactions and reorganizations affecting UBS Group entities, the collaboration in accounting change initiatives, etc.
Group Accounting, Controlling & Policy is responsible for the preparation of the Group's consolidated financial statements under IFRS as well as separate legal entity financial statements under Swiss GAAP and FINMA bank accounting guidelines. It also provides the supplementary disclosures as required under US SEC guidance as well as the majority of regulatory reports which are distributed to FINMA, the Swiss National Bank and certain other regulators.
Your experience and skills:
- a Fachhochschule / University Degree (ideally in Finance/Accounting)
- 3+ years experience in a relevant accounting or audit function (financial services industry experience is a plus)
- a solid accounting know how (IFRS)
- strong analytical skills and a quick grasp on things (a good understanding of the banking business, financial markets & products, treasury/risk management, hedging and legal entity governance is beneficial)
- an acquaintance with consolidation and reporting processes/techniques and hands on experience in driving the practical execution of accounting tasks and run-the-bank reporting
- conceptual thinking skills and some project experience
- strong MS Office skills (required) and SAP Business Warehouse / Analysis (beneficial)
- a self-starter
- methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
- fluent in English (required) and German (beneficial)
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.