- Zurich, Switzerland Zurich Zurich CH
- Permanent, Full time
- Swiss Reinsurance Company
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cyber crime. The Swiss Re Group is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group's overall mission.
About the Role
In a very exciting environment and motivated international team you will work as an Economist at the Swiss Re Institute. In this position you will be responsible for the analysis of the macroeconomic environment and insurance markets in the EMEA region, forecasting economic and market trends, contributions to Swiss Re's sigma publications and also dedicate time for ad-hoc projects and driving forward Swiss Re's thought leadership. Projects typically include data collection and analysis, writing reports and preparing presentations, contributing to background reports, and communicating findings to internal and external stakeholders. Strong data affinity and statistical analysis skills are essential, hands-on experience with a statistical software package and/or a programming language an advantage. Most activities involve collaboration with other teams across the Group requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
About the Team
The Group Chief Economist Office focuses on research and analysis of re/insurance markets, macroeconomic environment and financial markets. The team supports Swiss Re's strategic planning and provides internal consulting on economic issues and insurance market developments. The team produces Swiss Re's sigma papers, the award-winning research series on the insurance industry.
Our functions interface with a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization and externally. With members located in Zurich, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing and Bangalore we are a global team providing support for all of Swiss Re's re/insurance business units.
- Masters degree in Economics with Masters degree in Economics with 1-5 years work experience in an economic research environment
- xperience and strong interest in empirical research and data management
- rogramming skills in one of the major statistical softwares (R, Stata, Matlab, Python, EViews)
- xcellent written and verbal communication skills in English, additional languages are a plus
- eam player, comfortable working with colleagues from different backgrounds
- bility to think strategically while creating detailed, high quality deliverables
- ery proactive attitude, commitment to continuous learning and willingness to challenge the status quo to improve processes
- ighly motivated
- esire to work in a fast-paced international environment
Take a risk worth taking. Register and apply at
Reference code: 65064