Economic Capital and Liquidity Manager 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 24 Sep 18
In this role, you will lead the production of the monthly Group Liquidity Report and support the reporting and communicating of Zurich's capital position from an internal, economic, regulatory and rating agency perspective. Furthermore you will lead hoc finance projects in the context of economic capital modelling and planning as well as liquidity.
As an Economic Capital and Liquidity Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
• Producing the monthly Group Liquidity Report which covers aspects such as the Group's actual and forecasted liquidity, possible adverse scenarios that could affect the Group's liquidity and possible liquidity needs from the Group's main subsidiaries under normal conditions and in times of stress. This also includes applying a control framework to ensure all outputs are accurate and the reporting process is fit for purpose.
• Analyzing and understanding of key liquidity metrics, movements and trends and reporting those to Senior Management
• Researching and identifying opportunities to enhance existing processes, in particular improving the actual and forecast monitoring and reporting processes
• Co-lead in Group Capital Plan production which covers forecasting of internal and regulatory capital, rating agency metrics and return on equity as well as analyzing and understanding capital trends and impacts of M&A and capital actions
• Supporting projects throughout the organization acting as a subject expert on liquidity and economic capital to assist where needed
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key internal Partners
Your Skills and Experience
As an Economic Capital and Liquidity Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• University degree in economics, business administration or finance-related discipline, CFA, FRM or CPA would be an advantage
• Minimum 2-5 years of experience in finance/risk or associated role, ideally including experience in the (re-)insurance or banking industries
• Solid knowledge of corporate finance and insurance accounting is required
• Self-starter with a curious mind and a willingness to challenge the status quo
• Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze complex financial data
• Structured personality with the ability to work on multiple tasks and to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
• Sound knowledge of MS-Office is required
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.