ESG Specialist, ESG Research
Grade 9 (for internal purposes)
The department: S&P Global's ESG Research & Analytics department is dedicated to developing innovative ESG analytical solutions and overseeing the renowned Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA). The department is responsible for developing the methodology to analyse corporate sustainability performance systematically and accurately, and for managing our proprietary database, comprising one of the world's most complete datasets on corporate sustainability. We are considered a leader in ESG analytics, providing essential intelligence to corporates and financial institutions.
The role: We are looking for an ESG Specialist
to join our growing and dynamic ESG Research & Analytics department. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual who is passionate about sustainability and is committed to driving sustainable business practices through direct engagement with corporates and through financial markets. As a team player, you will contribute to the unique culture and energy of the department as it continues to grow.
The opportunity: As an ESG Specialist, you would be dedicated to analysing corporate performance within a dedicated sector and engaging with the market to explain the results of our analysis. The role provides an opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of the methodology of the CSA ensuring that it continues to capture ongoing sustainability trends and evolving regulatory and reporting frameworks. As an ESG Specialist, you will have the opportunity to act as a thought leader in ESG, representing S&P Global ESG expertise internally within the organisation as well as through engagement with a variety of external parties.
The impact: Developed over 22 years, our work contributes to the creation of the iconic Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) and the S&P 500® ESG index, among many others. Our work is also used by investors to execute their respective responsible investment strategies such as in the creation of impact and thematic funds. The work intelligence produced by our department is leveraged throughout S&P Global's ESG products across its divisions. Key responsibilities:
- Responsibility for analysing corporate performance in line with the CSA methodology within a given sector.
- Act as the knowledge leader within a sector/industry as well as specific underlying ESG topics
- Development and maintenance of S&P's proprietary Corporate Sustainability Assessment Methodology (CSA)
- Monitoring and reviewing ongoing company controversies through Media & Stakeholder Analysis (MSA)
- Research on upcoming global sustainability trends and industry-specific challenges
- Engagement with companies participating in the Corporate Sustainability Assessment through feedback calls, webcasts and management meetings
- Project coordination with key internal and external stakeholders
Your soft skills:
- A completed university degree
- 2+ years of work experience in the field of ESG ratings or research, corporate sustainability or sustainability investing
- Proven experience in the Financial sector
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- A sound understanding of global sustainability reporting frameworks and trends
- Strong analytical skills and an acute attention to detail
- Good understanding of financial markets and investment products is a plus
- English (fluency required), second language is a plus
- Strong interest in corporate sustainability
- Customer-focused and strong interpersonal skills
- Constructive and energetic attitude
- Ability to work independently yet towards team goals
- Reliable and able to go the extra mile when required
- Business-oriented with an attention to costs and efficiency
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
262575 Posted On: