EMEIA Tax Acquisitions - Senior Manager / Director
One of EMEIA Tax priorities is achieving growth through alliances and acquisitions. We are looking for a Senior Manager/ Director to support the acquisition activities of EMEIA Tax. The candidate should have experience with deal origination or execution support. The primary focus of the role
One of EMEIA Tax priorities is achieving growth through alliances and acquisitions. We are looking for a Senior Manager/ Director to support the acquisition activities of EMEIA Tax.
The candidate should have experience with deal origination or execution support. The primary focus of the role will be on working with the EMEIA Tax and regional Tax leadership on developing and executing an inorganic growth strategy as well as identifying and executing acquisitions across EMEIA Tax. They may occasionally be asked to be involved in a broader set of activities if necessary.
This role will provide exposure to EMEIA Tax leadership (direct report to EMEIA Tax Deputy, EMEIA Tax Leader), EMEIA CDO and Regional Tax leaders. It will also enable the SM to gain an understanding of how we prepare our business for future growth.
This is a full FTE SM/Director position, hiring will be executed through ETC.
Role Responsibilities include:
Work with EMEIA Tax leadership and RTLs to help determine inorganic growth opportunities and capability or capacity gaps or emerging areas which may need to be filled with acquisitions, in alignment with EMEIA Tax strategic priorities.
Identify key priority areas for focus of acquisition activity.
Work with range of stakeholders across EMEIA to identify potential targets and fill the acquisition pipeline.
Coordinate with RTLs, local CDO and GCO to help progress targets
Drive acquisition progress on EMEIA Tax (multi-country) deals
Coordinate with the research team to gather preliminary information on the target to review with stakeholder
Coordinate EMEIA involvement in SPA terms negotiations.
Ensure regional teams are following the EMEIA acquisition process and appropriate stakeholders are informed and have approved, etc.
Ensure the EMEIA Tax acquisition pipeline details are up to date
Secondary Activities you may be asked to be involved in:
Conduct ongoing research into the global start-up communities to stay on trend with technologies and innovations in the areas that we have identified as priorities and understand what acquisitions our competitors are doing as well as who is buying targets we’ve had ‘on our list’
Build awareness, understanding and ensure compliance of acquisitions strategy and process
Your profile to suceed together
- Good understanding of how to identify acquisition targets and fill the pipeline
- Experience in executing or active support of executing of deals
- Strong experience working with key stakeholders to progress deals
- Experience developing acquisition related business cases
- Comfortable in an ambiguous environment
- Able to work independently with limited guidance
- Experience developing integration plans and supporting the business to achieve the original business case benefits
- Knowledge of EY’s acquisition process is desired, but not mandatory
- Be proactive and innovative with the ability to anticipate risks and mitigate accordingly
Have good MS PowerPoint skills needed to develop executive level presentations and updates
- Have good MS Excel skills in order to support investment/business case evaluation and tracking of performance
- Strong communication at the executive level (particularly written)
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a variety of executive stakeholders to deliver successful projects and initiatives
- Project management and organisational management with proven ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.