EII Switzerland - Sales/ External Relationship Manager - Vice President - Zurich
- Zurich, Switzerland Zurich Zurich CH
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, unlisted mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
iShares and Index Investments (EII) is the business unit that delivers passively managed (index) investment vehicles and portfolio solutions to the entire spectrum of the BlackRock client base.
iShares is the brand name for the world's largest range of exchange traded funds (ETFs), which are marketed and managed by BlackRock. As a complement to the iShares ETF offer, BlackRock manages a broad set of index mutual funds across various fund platforms and domiciles to meet specific client needs. Both iShares ETFs and unlisted BlackRock index mutual funds are available to institutional and private investors.
iShares ETFs combine the advantages of stocks with the benefits of index funds: iShares can be bought and sold like any other shares listed on a stock exchange. They provide diversification and exposure to an entire index through a single security, combining the flexibility and tradability of a share with the diversification of a fund. BlackRock index funds meanwhile are the instrument of choice for more static core allocations with a laser focus on ongoing costs as opposed to intra-day/on-exchange liquidity.
The remarkable growth of index investing in recent years is a testament to the diverse applications of ETFs and unlisted index mutual funds in securing returns, managing risk and controlling costs. With close to 300 ETFs listed across major exchanges in Europe and two index mutual fund platforms (domiciled in Ireland & Switzerland) BlackRock is the leading provider for passive investment vehicles, accounting for over $1 trillion in assets under management globally.
This position is responsible for the development of existing relationships and the growth of the client book in the private and regional banking segment of Switzerland’s German-speaking region.
The incumbent will focus on delivering passive products and solutions – ETFs and unlisted funds – to a sophisticated and diverse client segment, thereby growing BlackRock’s passive asset management market share in Switzerland.
The position will be based in Zurich as part of the Swiss Sales Team.
- Management of senior client relationships at key partners up to CIO level (relationship-lead, focus on discretionary portfolio management and advisory multipliers)
- Development and execution of account strategies jointly with the team-led
- Acquisition of new clients and sourcing of projects to expand the use of BlackRock’s passive offering (linked to asset raising, call and meeting targets)
- Close cooperation with client service analysts and partner groups to deliver the unique BlackRock value proposition
- Manage day to day business flow and deliver service excellence (pre-trade guidance, product comparisons, cost analytics)
- Comply with all regulatory and legal standards
- Collaboration and information sharing with other iShares and BlackRock sales teams globally
Skills & Qualifications
- MA/MAS degree required; CFA or similar qualification is an advantage
- Proven experience in selling investment products to sophisticated investors and managing senior client relationships
- Ability to take account ownership and strategically develop relationships; position investment ideas and other value-added services generating sales and assets
- Strong understanding of capital markets and the Swiss banking landscape specifically
- Existing network in the Swiss wealth/banking segment is highly desirable
- Outgoing nature who puts client-interest first and likes to work in a highly dynamic and challenging environment
- The individual must be an energetic self-starter with professional pride and a commitment to excellence and improvement; she or he is a team player with a “can-do” attitude and a pragmatic flexibility; further, the successful candidate will be organized and entrepreneurial, possessing exceptional verbal and written communication skills in at least German and English (French is considered a plus)
- Good Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills are also required
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.