Production Support is an essential function within the bank. The GOS (Operations IT) production support team provides effective structured technical support for multiple back office applications. Based in Zürich, we are responsible for problem solving and root cause analysis for production issues. Support works closely with the application users, third party vendors, infrastructure teams, and other Credit Suisse groups to provide an optimal level of support.
- Provide timely and efficient technical hands-on L2 application support for various trade and settlement processing business applications built in-house or vendor product with different technologies listed below.
- Act as a liaison between CS business Operations users and various IT teams (App Development, Infrastructure etc.) on all support related queries.
- Daily monitoring of user queries, investigation of issues and providing timely response to internal CS business users.
- Ability to priorities system issues and user queries based on urgency and impact to business.
- Proactively seek to minimize potential application support problems through root cause analysis and monitoring.
- Take ownership and fix systems monitoring alerts and improve support processes.
- Understand and debug the logs and where required source code to find bugs and issues to be fixed by development teams (L3).
- Opportunity to learn and troubleshoot functional domain queries in OTC, Securities, FX products.
- Provide onsite and remote users support for the various business functions supported.
- Provide out-of-hours support including weekend technical support on rotation and during system incident or events.
- Maintain effective communication to the internal/external clients to understand their application related issues/queries/problems.
- Acquire knowledge on the various CS applications, document the same where it does not exist and train the peers.
The role will provide a long term career path within the organization and increased future responsibilities.
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities …):
The team is part of immediate team/peer group of 10 members. Further the team is part of a wider group of L2 department of 150 to 200 staff, managers and lead working from different locations.
Most of the staff are have 5 to 10 years of IT experience in a banking environment.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Five years combined IT experience in both software development and application support. Financial industry or equivalent experience will be added advantage.
- Excellent debugging, problem solving and analytical skills. Proficient in writing SQL queries, Unix commands and debugging procedures/functions.
- Software Language (one or more): C++, Java, .Net, Perl or equivalent.
- Database (one or more): Oracle, Sybase or DB2.
- Operating System experience: Unix or Linux. Shell or Perl scripting experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with the following technologies: Kafka, Springboot, SPLUNK, AppDynamics.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Willingness to learn new technologies, business knowledge and functions.
- Experience with: XML, Control-M, Moogsoft.
- Ability to work well under pressure. Flexibility/willingness to resolve issues requiring overtime and weekend work.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Aeschengraben 20, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.