Deputy Portfolio Manager for Global Corporate Bonds
Headquartered in Zurich and New York, Vontobel Asset Management is a specialist investment manager with a multi-boutique approach. Each of our boutiques draws on dedicated investment talent, an established performance culture and robust risk management. We provide leading-edge products and solutions for both institutional and intermediary clients with a strong commitment for delivering performance.
Our boutiques comprise Quality Growth Equities, Sustainable and Thematic Equities, Multi Asset Investing and Fixed Income by TwentyFour Asset Management and Vontobel. We actively manage over $110bn of assets on behalf of our clients worldwide. Vontobel has a strong and established presence in Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas.
This is a great opportunity to own your success and participate in the second stepping stone to further develop the Global Corporate Strategy. This franchise sits as part of the well recognised Zurich based Developed Market Corporate bond team.
- Participation in the formulation of the Global Investment Grade strategy
- Implementation of the Global Investment Grade strategy along with the Lead portfolio manager in the Flagship Global Corporate Bond Fund and in Global Corporate Institutional Mandates
- Performing fundamental credit analysis of global corporate issuers and relative value analysis for issuers across multiple currencies in assigned market segments and sectors
- Perform fundamental sector analysis for assigned sectors from both an up-coming credit quality perspective and relative value
- Manage portfolio exposures in line with the Global Investment Grade strategy (from new issues to secondary market picks with continuous follow up)
- Generate investment ideas and implement investment decisions with Lead Portfolio Manager on issuer and at security levels
- Support with the continued establishment of the Global Corporate Bond franchise; support client advisors and sales persons in their asset gathering and retention activities
- Perform marketing related activities such as client presentations, write content research papers and / or viewpoints. Actively participate in performance review meetings, roadshows and client presentations & pitches
- Close cooperation with US based credit analysts and US Deputy PM for the Global Corporate Fund to ensure that the fund's performance targets are achieved
- Mid-level experience (5 year plus) in managing corporate bond portfolios and institutional mandates
- Good sector and company credit research analysis skills: experience in IG corporate bond analysis including relative value analysis, cross currencies. Ability to formulate cross sector views to assist the Lead Portfolio Manager in the Global Corporate Fund construction and investment process
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Experience in client interaction & marketing of fixed income products
- Language: English. German, Italian or Spanish would be advantageous
- Excellent Masters degree or equivalent education
- Some experience in cross-over corporate bond analysis would finally be welcomed.
Perry Tucker is looking forward to receive and review your application.Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form .