Data Engineer #116272
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse AG
- 16 Oct 18
Data Engineer #116272
- You will be joining globally distributed team who are focused on building solutions to support our continued drive to realising the value of data. We engage in efforts in the Big Data space, Analytics and associated tooling.
- A challenging role within a highly motivated team seeking to address challenging business problems. Problems in our space are considered from a view of data being a property that holds the key to solving problems.
- Dynamic, driven, seeking creative solutions to challenging problems in the field of data exploration
- An engaging and rewarding environment built on the foundations of our belief in "let no challenge go untouched!".
- We are profoundly a solutions delivery focused organisation. Innovative solutions on their own have no merit unless delivered to meet demanding production requirements.
- Exposure to data driven ecosystems in the fields of Big Data, Data Management and Data Science.
- A technical and hands-on engineering focus where the key is to create data management frameworks and tools to be leveraged.
- A requirement to develop and define data processing techniques and workflows to accommodate commoditised data consumption.
- An opportunity in the field of Data Engineering to assist with defining architectural patterns and methodologies.
- A formal background and proven experience in the field of Data Management especially in the area of data processing.
- Demonstrate experience in leveraging Data Management Toolsets like Pentaho, Talend.
- Show delivery of solutions/products consuming Big Data technologies such as Spark, HBase.
- Have experience with data masking and data encryption strategies.
- The ability to function within a multidisciplinary, global team. Be a self-starter with a strong curiosity for extracting knowledge from data and the skill to elicit technical requirements from a non-technical audience.
- Experience in developing software within a large enterprise environment (agile or associated development methodologies, backtesting, release management, JIRA).
- You are a dedicated problem solver with a positive, empathetic personality and can-do attitude who loves to handle multiple challenging priorities and assignments.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present deep technical findings to a business audience.
- Experience with ElasticSearch components is an advantage
- Awareness of security mechanisms and best practices.
- If you have infrastructure storage knowledge this would be a plus.
Mr. Norman Scialom would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our Career Portal.