Core Java Developer (Banking)
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Contract, Full time
- Experis Switzerland
- 21 Apr 19
Core Java Developer (Banking)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services range from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialised professional talent.
On behalf of our client, a leading bank in Zürich, we are looking for a Senior Java Developer with excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming patterns and principles. Are you a passionate Java Developer who is looking for a new and exciting challenge? If yes, then please have a look at the details below:
Overview of business area or project:
The Portfolio Solutions department owns applications and software components that are used by front facing employees (e.g., relationship managers, investment consultants) in the context of the advisory process as well as portfolio construction, analysis and monitoring. Additionally, these capabilities are being increasingly exposed also to end-clients. This role will be part of one of the project teams that delivers new and/or enhanced functionalities for these applications/components.
- Implement high quality, reusable and well tested software solutions (frontend as well as backend)
- Build new functionalities and extend the existing application(s)
- Work closely with our business colleagues as well as other disciplines (e.g., requirement engineers) to elaborate technical solutions out of the requirements
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Write high quality technical documentation
- Support other team members (e.g., requirements engineering, testing) when needed
The skills and experience needed for these positions are:
- Over 5 years of experience Java (Java EE) development skills (enterprise context is a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming patterns and principles
- Good knowledge of Databases and SQL (preferably Oracle)
- Good experienced with RESTful web services
- Experience of best-practices in an enterprise development environment (e.g., test-driven development, continuous integration, source code control)
- Good knowledge of AngularJS/Angular 2+ (Typescript and Angular 2+ is a very strong plus)
- Familiar with the multi-browser and multi-device programming and debugging
- Excellent abstract and analytical thinking plus problem solving skills
- A self-starter, being able to take ownership of tasks on short-notice and work under pressure
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), German is a plus
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Be a dynamic, result/goal oriented individual who can handle an exciting environment and react quickly to changing client needs
- Banking know-how: financial Instruments, portfolio theory, portfolio management processes, advisory process and regulations (e.g., MiFiD II)
- Proven experience on large projects and on large scale, performance sensitive software systems
- Performance analysis and tuning skillset (UI as well as backend)
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Thu Barany on +41 44 229 99 28.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.
Not quite what you're looking for? Don't hesitate to check out https://www.experis.ch/it-jobs-zurich to view more jobs in Zurich.