- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Swiss Reinsurance
- 17 Sep 18
About Swiss Re
The Swiss Re Group is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group's overall mission.
About the Role
Swiss Re is looking to strengthen its global collateral team and is looking for enthusiastic candidates for the position of Collateral Manager.Based in Zurich, you have the opportunity to contribute to the success of an international and dynamic team that manages Swiss Re Group's collateral for all types of businesses including securities lending, repo, all types of derivatives and reinsurance. Operating out of New York, Singapore and Zurich we cover global markets.
Have you been involved in collateral management or related activities and are looking to broaden your field of cross-functional expertise? Take the opportunity and apply for the Collateral Manager role in our team and gain insights how the world of reinsurance interlinks with financial markets!
Your activities will mostly evolve around the following:
- Issuing and accepting margin calls for securities lending, repo, derivatives (bi-lateral and cleared OTC, exchange traded) and reinsurance transactions
- Booking collateral receive/deliver transactions in the system
- Ensuring use of collateral is verified and optimized across re-/insurance, derivatives, funding and yield enhancement
- Collaborating with international clients to resolve valuation differences/disputes including clarifying and investigate failed transactions
- Working closely with the Collateral Trading desk, liaising with peers and working with partners in Cash Management, Operations, Credit Risk, and Legal & Compliance around the world
- Preparing management reporting
- Creatively challenging the day-to-day to increase quality and efficiency of solutions for our clients and the team
- Managing various projects in connection to the collateral business both IT and non-IT related
About the Team
We are a small, dynamic and international team which supports all business units of Swiss Re Group to efficiently manage and allocate its collateral. Our field of play is the daily management of collateral with all its related processes.
Are you passionate about financial markets? Do you love working in a lively and demanding international environment? We are looking for a bright and communicative team mate with exceptional time management and interpersonal skills looking to join a team where team play is valued:
- Solid know-how of financial markets or reinsurance related collateral processes
- Self-starter who works with high quality and reliability
- Strong trouble shooter with a problem solving and result-oriented mind-set
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Building on existing experience, keenly interested to learn and develop on-the-job
- Efficient, thorough, detail-oriented and able to prioritise
- Enthusiastic and strong team mate, but also self-dependent and motivated
- Fluent spoken and written English skills, German desirable.
Take a risk worth taking. Register and apply at www.swissre.com/careers
Reference code: 78641