Cognos Visualization Specialist 80-100%
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- 17 Feb 18
As a Cognos Visualization Specialist working alongside our Lead Data Analysts your main responsibilities will involve:
- Providing maintenance and improvements to our current operational and strategic reports.
- Working with customers to identify new and more efficient reporting solutions. This will include translating business requirements into deliverables and identifying new techniques to present data.
- Designing and developing high quality strategic dashboards using active reports and mobile delivery methods.
- Managing tasks in a fast paced environment to ensure they are completed on time with attention to delivering high quality results.
- Understanding customer requirements and effectively managing expectations.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Cognos Visualization Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS/IS, Insurance equivalent or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years' experience in Cognos (or similar tools).
- Experience designing interactive, customer appealing active report dashboards using RAVE visualizations is an advantage.
- Good understanding of database design concepts and some experience of ETL tools.
- Ability to read and write SQL is desired.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to learn technical concepts quickly and apply them effectively in the workplace.
- Able to adapt to changing business requirements and react quickly.
- Strong customer focus and results oriented attitude.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English (additional languages are an asset).
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer and about the candidate journey on our career site.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in our 360° Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 170 countries to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee, you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents either via our employees or through our online career portal.
We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding.