Cloud Solution Architect
- Building and leading infrastructure architecture designs and strategies for CS cloud with Azure services and VMWare tools
- Building and maintaining a central solution architecture and infrastructure as code repository
- Creating a cloud strategy with automation (hands-on). Leading the development of the infrastructure architecture frameworks, code and principles to ensure cloud adoption for the applications in scope.
- Support and consulting for application teams and projects adopting the private and the public cloud (CI/CD)
- Actively contribute to infrastructure governance and assurance as a key member of the Technical Design Board and wider into other CTO areas, including End User and Security.
- Promote knowledge sharing and effective coordination of architectural activities across all enterprise and business domains
- Conduct research on emerging infrastructure technologies and provide insight, recommendations and rationale on the benefits of adoption.
- Review and audit specifications, designs, test plans and test procedures for technical content, compliance with architecture and compliance with requirements.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent
- VMWare certifications preferred but not a must
- 3 years' experience with VMWare virtualization, vSphere, vRA/O, vCenter, ESX, NSX as senior engineer or architect OR
- 2 years' experience with Azure, AWS or Google cloud as senior engineer or architect
- Ideally additional experience with other IaaS technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, OpenStack or BOSH is beneficial
- Good network knowledge involving routers, switches, firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, VPN, Firewall, LAN, WAN. The ability to apply networking principles and techniques into designs, including firewalls, perimeter boundary protection, security
- vulnerabilities and mitigation.
- Experience with enterprise storage architecture (SAN, iSCSI, NAS) and private cloud integration, as well as automation
- Good understanding of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions with the ability to design solutions which meet both these requirements. Ability to design and include both resilience and redundancy components into the technical solution.
- Interested in next generation of compute including vSphere, Open Stack, containerization, associated toolchains and ecosystems. Excellent working knowledge of private cloud with the ability to design and implement solutions using vendor standards and
- Good communicator, able to speak to stakeholders on all levels of the organization
- Good team player, able to engage with people and get things done
- Strong thought leader, able to make a case and convince others to follow
- Can work well in large, virtual and globally distributed teams
- Very good conceptual capabilities, able to quickly grasp new technologies and tools and translate into efficient solutions for the firm.
- A proactive, energetic, pragmatic, hardworking individual with strong people and customer relationship skills.
- Sense of urgency - multi-tasking, prioritization skills and ability to collaborate and work in a fast-paced environment, adapting to rapid change
- Significant influencing, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating a variety of influencing styles to enable effective completion of tasks both individually and within groups.
- Demonstrates an ability to think 'outside the box' while defining solutions in a workable form
- Evaluates options efficiently and provides considered conclusions and direction
- Demonstrates a strategic focus - ability to turn ideas / objectives into tangible deliverables and tasks
- Ability to understand a client's requirements and design a suitable and cost effective architecture to help them achieve their business objective.
- Proficient in designing infrastructure solutions with multiple technologies and vendors
Ms. B. Ott would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via career portal.