- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
Chief Financial Officer
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Negotiable CHF
- Full time
For a new online trader we will establish a new operation in Switzerland therefore we are searching for a CFO in Switzerland. The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO and external parties.
For a new online trader we will establish a new operation in Switzerland therefore we are searching for a CFO in Switzerland.
The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO and external parties.
Financial Reporting & Department Management
- Managing the Company's accounting and finance function, overseeing all tasks and procedures;
- Ensure the effective implementation of the internal financial controls framework and undertake all aspects of monitoring activities, including drafting, maintaining and enhancing financial risk management plans;
- Accepting the overall responsibility for the accounting system and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all financial records;
- Forecasting cash flows and managing cash positions to ensure compliance with industry requirements;
Ensuring the accurate and timely payment of the Company's financial obligations (internal towards other group companies and external, towards suppliers and other stakeholders);
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, reviewing the financial transactions for reasonableness and accuracy;
- Managing the Company's treasury cycle, safeguarding the Company's and clients' funds;
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained throughout the accounting and finance processes;
- Preparation and submission of any relevant reports as per the CEO's or the Board of Directors' requests;
- Preparation of financial highlights report for management;
- Having the overall responsibility for the Company's annual audited financial statements;
- Liaising with the Company's external auditors, internal auditors, direct and indirect tax advisors, bankers, lawyers, stakeholders and all relevant authorities; Ensuring integrity of the Company's trial balance;
- Managing the Company's taxation affairs via the calculation, provision and payment of all applicable taxes in a timely and efficient manner;
- Overseeing the payroll process and ensuring the correct treatment and payment of all salaries, employee and employer obligations and the submission of all relevant forms to the authorities and the employees;
- Submission of VAT returns and review of VAT treatment of transactions; and Management and supervision of the day to day responsibilities of the accounting function and training of the relevant people.
Regulatory Monitoring and Reporting
- Supervision of all monitoring tasks related to the regulated entity;
- Completing and submitting of all financial regulatory reports in an accurate and timely manner;
- Constant monitoring of the Company's Large Exposures and having a proactive approach to planning the cash distribution to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations;
- Constant monitoring of the Company's capital adequacy ratio and having a proactive approach to planning the assets distribution and risk exposures of items on the trial balance to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations;
- Being alert and proactive with respect to all financial regulatory changes and practices which may impact the Company's license or regulatory status;
- Being able to provide the authorities with documented proof and numerical rationale for decisions made and financial data reported; and liaising with the regulators when necessary.
- University degree in Accounting / Finance / Management / Banking / Business Administration;
- CA with at least 5 years post qualification experience, preferably in the financial services industry (specifically with securities dealers reporting procedures);
- Advantage: former experience as head of a finance team, preferably in the financial services industry and familiarity with Securities Dealers' reporting procedures;
- Past professional experience gained in one of the "Big 4" financial providers;
- Working knowledge of SAP Business One / Netsuite will be an advantage;
- Detailed knowledge of accounting principles and practices, including regulatory frameworks and good understanding of the Swiss financial regulation;
- Healthy awareness of the relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
A competitive package will be made to the successfuly chosen candidate