Business Analyst for Data Management
Cognizant Consulting is responsible for providing Cognizant's clients with management advisory, business consulting and technology consulting services from transformation planning through to business solution design and business analysis.
BFSI Consulting supports Banking, Financial Services and Insurance clients with skills in these businesses, relating to operating models, customer centricity / digital platforms, products, risk, finance and regulatory and compliance.
Typically, we operate in dynamic advisory mandates and agile development environments.
Our clients are global Fortune 2000 corporations and their local competition and our associates are comfortable in a global, entrepreneurial and multi-cultural environment
The position encompasses:
• Gather requirements and drive the detailed business analysis.
• Design the data model for the asset and wealth management data platform including modelling of entities such as clients, products, trades, positions and reference data
• Elaborate a clear picture about the as-is and target business processes and consults business regarding potential process changes
• Identifies all the affected up- and downstream applications, processes and interfaces and ensure proper stakeholder analysis and -management
• 5-10 years of experience as requirements engineer / business analyst roles in Banking & Financial Services
• Must have hands-on experience in implementation of Enterprise Data Management platforms including data modelling, interface and functional specifications documents
• Experience in agile business analysis, understanding of product backlog, writing requirements in the form of user stories.
• Experience in process design and modelling.
• Should have experience in building wireframes/mock-ups and understanding of usability concepts.
• Detail orientation and willingness learn newer subject domains.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) in order to collaborate with all levels of Business & IT.
• Strong ability to work independently and to work collaboratively in a team.
• Self-driven and motivated, highly pro-active and resilient attitude - proud to take ownership and willing to go the extra mile.
• Open and transparent, able to address critical issues.
• Experienced in working with standard tool suites (JIRA, Visio, Confluence, etc.).
• Agile SCRUM certification (Product Owner or Scrum Master)
• Business Analyst Certification, for example Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
• Experience working with distributed teams (onsite/near-shore/off-shore).
• Experience in the area of data architecture, data governance and data operations
• Experience in NOSQL databases and Semantics
• Knowing German is an advantage
• Knowledge of asset management, client reporting domains
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.