BlackRock Analyst - Private Equity Partners
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock was founded to provide answers and leadership to the investors who entrust their money and their futures to us. As the world’s largest investment manager, with more than $4 trillion invested on behalf of our clients around the globe, BlackRock takes its responsibility to build better financial futures extremely seriously. That’s why we bring together the best and brightest people – and give you the skills and support you need to make a career for yourself and a difference in today’s New World of Investing™.
BlackRock provides a range of solutions from rigorous asset management aimed at maximizing returns, to highly efficient investment strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets, to alternative investment strategies such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The BlackRock Alternative Investors (“BAI”) team is charged with establishing BlackRock as the preeminent provider of alternative investment products globally. BlackRock has around $150 billion in alternative assets including hedge funds, private equity, real estate, real assets, and other hybrid strategies.
BlackRock Private Equity Partners (“PEP”), as an integral part of BAI, provides a broad array of private market solutions primarily through customized and co-mingled private equity funds of funds and direct co-investment programs. PEP operates as an integrated global team with offices in Princeton, London, Zurich and Hong Kong. On behalf of—and in partnership with—our clients, we look to build diversified portfolios of investments across the entire spectrum of private equity. PEP manages around $25 billion in private equity commitments.
PEP is looking for an investment professional to join the investment team as an Analyst. Analysts are an integral part of the investment team, participating in all aspects of the investment process, from initial screen and due diligence, through approval, to post-investment monitoring and reporting. The candidate will be an active participant in the fund selection and direct co-investment process by performing screening, research, financial modeling, and other quantitative & qualitative analyses as part of the investment team. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelors degree (Masters degree would be a plus) from a top University and any relevant training or work experience will be considered an advantage. This position demands excellent communications skills, strong analytical insight and spreadsheet modeling skills (LBO/valuation/cash flow models etc.), perseverance and creativity in accessing information, the ability to balance multiple tasks, but most importantly, the ability to work effectively in a cross-border team environment and a passion for private equity investing.
• Participate in due diligence of investment opportunities (funds, secondaries, direct investments), including preparing valuation analyses and summary reports;
• Work with senior investment team members to evaluate and source investment opportunities;
• Prepare diligence materials & memoranda and present investment recommendations;
• Assist in the preparation of summary review materials in support of internal quarterly reviews, external investor reports, advisory board meetings, and fundraising;
• Coordinate and oversee the team's weekly investment deal log; and
• Gain familiarity with financial databases such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Private-I, Preqin, etc.
• Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree;
• Communication skills – Ability to effectively formulate and articulate opinions persuasively both verbally and in written form;
• Technical skills – Ability to manipulate and develop financial models for companies and private equity funds (e.g. LBO models, valuation models, fund cash flow models, etc.);
• Analytical and critical thinking – Ability to identify and articulate key investment considerations and risks in different industries and businesses. Ability to constructively review and critique other team members’ work, and willingness to receive and respect alternate points of view;
• Good interpersonal & team skills– Comfortable with consensus decision-making and working in a cross-border, strong team-based environment;
• Organizational and time-management skills; and
• Passion for and understanding of the private equity industry.