Big Data Hadoop Administrator
For our client, one of the most instantly recognisable brands in the banking sector worldwide, Swisslinx are looking for a dynamic Hadoop Engineer with strong Linux engineering skills and knowledge of Hadoop Cloudera to join a newly created team for a Zurich starting in the New Year.
This is a rolling contract starting in January thru February, with a strong chance of extension (up to two years) or even internalization.
As the successful candidate you will join a small team of four highly qualified individuals passionate about Big Data techniques and help deliver, maintain and support their growing strategic Big Data platform as part of a critical data strategy project.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for monitoring business applications and services in production, mainly based on strategic Big Data platform
- Handling incident tickets as well as customer calls
- Responsibility for Batch job monitoring and troubleshooting
- Parsing and analysing data feeds as well as error checking
- Writing and running scripts on DB for ad-hoc reports
- Application / component administration on Windows/ Unix servers
- Software release and problem management
- Coordination for Disaster Recovery Testing
- Automation of support activity
- Support DevOps principle throughout the team
As the ideal candidate you will bring a versatile technical skill set and strong academic qualifications who can fulfil as many of the following requirements as possible:
- Administration experience with Hadoop Cloudera (ideally Cloudera Hadoop certified) and different components
- Experience as Linux Engineer
- Solid experience in a similar role in Big Data/DevOps teams (ideally 5+ years)
- Strong incident and problem management skills
- A strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking ability
- Fluency in English
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently split between WFH and office right now. Post COVID occasional home office will be permitted.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA