Banking Business Consultant in Finance, Accounting and Risk
The role provides the opportunity for exposure to a wide variety of Consulting assignments, Finance and Risk and reporting topics, processes and strategic solutions.
The candidate will be expected to make a significant contribution to our Banking clients by supporting complex and diverse programs and projects, as well as contributing to the Banking Business Consulting Practice and Business development.
• Provide expert advice, analysis and solutions
• Use methodologies to design and deliver strategies and programs to drive people-led transformation initiatives
• Create project deliverables, including strategy documents, review and recommendation reports and implementation roadmaps
• Develop requirements and close-out open issues by interfacing with other teams on cross-functional team projects and participate in discussions with key stakeholders
• Design and implement process, system improvement and Target Operating Model for Finance, risk and risk reporting (Balance sheet, Capital, Risk reporting...)
• Assess and enhance risk management frameworks; further develop current risk models, analytics and controls
• Enable regulatory reporting and proper communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Contribute to Practice and Business development
Essential experience and domain skills:
• Business Consulting experience
• Experience in gathering Business requirements
• Excellent academic and working knowledge of various financial products and asset classes (cash, FX Securities, loans/mortgages, , OTC derivatives...), Risk metrics and calculation across Private Banking, Asset Management and Investment Banking
• Prior experience in Finance and Risk with clear knowledge and understanding of:Balance sheet, off balance sheet, and P&L general ledger postings, Risks in different fields such as Credit risk, Market risk, Operational risk, Regulatory risk, Basel risk pillars, RWA and capital ratios calculations across various products and asset classes
• Prior experience in regulatory reporting with background such as Basel III/IV, Capital adequacy, Recovery Resolution Planning, etc
• Very good knowledge of accounting concepts, and financial data
• Excellent people management skills and an enthusiastic, positive, 'can do' attitude
• An incisive analytical and creative thinker, confident with concepts, analysis and frameworks, with the ability to structure work and deliver under pressure
• An excellent relationship builder with clients and fellow consultants, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to manage stakeholders at different levels and build and sustain long-term relationships.
• Be a key team member in liaising with client stakeholders, conducting client interviews and contributing to client workshops and meetings
• Advanced University degree or equivalent education in either Finance, Accounting and/or Business administration
• 3+ years' experience in the consulting field, in organizations like Big Four or equivalent
• Excellent language skills in English; German preferred; French is a plus.
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.