Associate, Event & Media Production Manager
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximising outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles and the industry-leading iShares ETFs. As of 31 March 2021, the firm manages approximately USD 9tn. in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.ch | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Based in Zurich, BlackRock's Swiss marketing function is responsible for developing the firm's national marketing strategy and delivering all marketing and related communication activities across Switzerland. The department works in close partnership with local country management, business channels, the core EMEA channel marketing functions and shared marketing communication functions (digital, creative services, product marketing,corporate communications).
The event & video production manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the event plan for BlackRock's businesses in Switzerland and will support the channel marketing managers in planning and executing client events. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the local sales teams in Zurich and Geneva, the EMEA events team as well as external event agencies to ensure a distinctive brand experience across a diverse client base. Key areas of focus are physical and digital event planning, management and execution as well as video production.
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues across the marketing team and other stakeholders to manage an events portfolio
- Plan and execute physical and virtual events both proprietary and 3rd party ranging from meetings, conferences, roundtables, webinars to exhibitions
- Proactively own and manage the events calendar
- Hands-on project management which requires site selection, contract negotiation, invite/registration/post-event creation and management, staging and AV direction
- Own and manage related budgets and timelines
- Events analytics and KPI reporting
- Lead internal and external event management resources for complex events
- Manage event recording and editing in collaboration with the marketing team
- Work closely with the rest of the marketing team to amplify the events content through owned/paid digital channels
- Manage the production of corporate videos, including scripting for thought leadership, interviews, filming and video editing
- Degree in business studies, hospitality management or corresponding professional experience
- 3-5 years' experience organizing events working on parallel workstreams and with multiple stakeholders
- Experience organizing physical and virtual corporate events; managing events in person as well as remotely through business partners
- Skilled in working to oftentimes tight budgets and deadlines
- Knowledge and experience working with event management, content management and marketing automation software solutions
- Have a strong understanding of deliverables from different service suppliers and experience in successfully managing external providers
- A good balance between the ability to manage external and internal resources, with an ability to take corrective action in a pragmatic, hands-on-manner if needed
- Skilled in video production, filming, editing and digital post-production (Adobe Suite) or passionate and interested to learn
- Have a strong understanding of engaging target audience with suitable video content for various distribution channels
- Ability to break down complex topics into digestible video content is a plus
- Excellent spoken and written English and German language skills, French language skills a plus
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
- Highly effective in developing relationships across organisational boundaries and hierarchies with cross-functional and cross-regional team members
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, drive forward key initiatives and manage workflow on simultaneous projects with strong sense of ownership / Can juggle priorities in a fast- paced environment
- Able to work independently yet a team player
- Eager to learn new skills
- Creative and self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail
We are looking for an energetic, digitally savvy, modern event and media production manager- someone who can plan and execute every aspect of event and has an enthusiasm for filming and post film production. If you like the idea of working in an ever-changing, innovative environment and enjoy putting your ideas into practice in a performance-orientated culture, we would be delighted to hear from you. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.