Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international metal trader looking to hire a Traffic Operator to join the team in Switzerland.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for executing and overseeing the lifecycle of orders from receipt to closure (sales and purchase contracts, shipping documentation, letters of credit, insurance claims) for non-ferrous scrap metal (e.g. copper, nickel, zinc, lead, aluminium, tin etc.)
- In charge of organising transport, chartering vessels, containership management, and releasing material in warehouse
- Work closely with banks for arranging, negotiating and amending letters of credit on behalf of suppliers and customers
- Act as a point of contact for suppliers and customers regarding the status of orders, invoicing, documentation, claim management etc.
- Reports into the Head of Logistics
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in traffic operations/administration within the non-ferrous industry, with specific scrap metal experience
- Experience in warehouse operations, freight management and material planning
- Familiar with handling shipping documentation (L/Cs), sales and purchase contracts as well as sound understanding of different trade and customs regulations
- Must be fluent in German and English
- Located in Zug, Switzerland or happy to relocate
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Legal, Risk & Compliance Search works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.