In order to provide the best online trading experience in the world, Interactive Brokers software, systems, and other crucial business technology must be maintained, monitored and supported at all times with locations across the globe with vigilance, tenacity and precision. To achieve that goal, Interactive Brokers maintains a small team of cross-trained and exceptionally responsible individuals unbound to one specific skill or discipline. With bushido spirit, these operators develop tools, systems and solutions to ensure the correct function of the various systems encompassing Interactive Brokers’ platform.
Technical Clearing Operations
Interactive Brokers seeks a motivated and dynamic individual to join our Technical Clearing Operations team. In order to provide the best online trading experience in the world, Interactive Brokers software, systems, and business technology must be maintained, monitored and supported across the globe 24/7. To achieve that goal, Interactive Brokers maintains a small team of operations associates around the world to monitor and troubleshoot all issues pertaining to the clearing system. The operations associate job involves interacting with business and development teams to provide ongoing support to our automated systems, to provide an enhanced customer experience and to ensure that all systems are functioning properly on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Monitoring all aspects of the Interactive Brokers automated Clearing System.
- Analyze, address, escalate and resolve clearing system operational issues.
- Interacting with various departments within the organization to communicate problem status and resolution.
- Analyzing existing business workflows to develop new monitoring tools and automate process monitoring.
- Acting as a primary escalation point for all post trade technical issues.
- Working with our external vendors on connectivity, migrations, and new system setups.
- Maintaining optimum daily clearing system processing flows.
- Bachelor’s degree or apprenticeship in IT or in another technical discipline combined with professional experience
- Prior experience in the financial industry is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Unix / Linux style command line interfaces
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems, Shell Scripting, PERL.
- A keen desire to explore and learn new concepts, systems and technologies.
- The ability to analyze and solve problems promptly and accurately in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Self-starter who can handle a problem from start to finish.
- Effective communication skills written and verbal.