Senior Java Developer in Liquidity Provision for Digital Assets
- Zug, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- flov technologies AG
- 17 Oct 18
Senior Java Developer is required to develop and maintain research and trading infrastructure both back-end and front-end. The position requires close collaboration with our quant researchers to implement high-frequency trading models and liquidity provision strategies with digital assets exchange connectivity.
Flov technologies is a Swiss asset management company with focus on quantitative investment strategies in digital assets, with a vision of a global peer-to-peer marketplace that utilizes distributed ledger technology as a settlement infrastructure. The firm is built on three pillars: a highly experienced and visionary team, tested investment strategies and a professional operational structure. As such the team is comprised of Blockchain pioneers with detailed insights into the crypto world and its future, experienced hedge fund professionals with great track records and quants that can deploy investment strategies in a quick and efficient manner. Additionally, flovtec has a clear organizational structure and governance, process driven operations, and strong risk management that can mitigate investment risk in the space of digital assets. Flovtec allies an open research setup (no silos) with a meritocratic environment, and values research and information technology as the cornerstones of its success.
Work location can be shared between Zug and Zurich.
Qualifications & Training
- M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent, quantitative academic background is preferred
- Minimum 5 years in Java development
- Hands-on Java EE web application development experience both on server and client side
- Highly proficient in multi-threaded programming
- Financial background in FX or digital assets, algorithmic trading and/or exchange connectivity are advantage
Qualities and Attitude
- Methodical and process-oriented
- Risk aware and averse, diligent, detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a proactive attitude to own issues and solve them
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Java: SE and EE
- Communication protocols: FIX, WebSocket, Java RMI
- Database: SQL, JDBC, MySQL, database design / NoSQL / time series DB experience are a plus
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) knowledge is a plus
- Linux and shell scripting