Reports to Head of Gas Desk
NOVATEK GAS AND POWER (Switzerland) is looking for a new professional member of the commercial team.
The following position will work within the Front Office team providing analytical support with a specific focus on the European Gas markets. The role involves a close working relationship with the trading desk requiring the successful candidate to be instrumental in developing a series of trading strategies, reports, models and analytical trading tools. This role will focus on modelling and simulating price scenarios, and pricing of different types of optionality in the company’s gas portfolio. The role will also have some trading exposure. Role has a progression into a junior trader position.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the European wide trading activities of the company.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Ability to methodically analyse data in order to provide in depth, coherent and considered market views, ultimately influencing trading desk strategies.
- Work with 3rd party and proprietary developed models to price different types of optionality (swing contracts optionality, storage optionality, location optionality, index optionality, etc)
- Support trading decisions by providing accurate market analysis.
- Support and develop in-house analytical tools.
- Contributing in maintaining and developing proprietary supply/demand gas model.
- Communicate effectively to a wide range of clients (both internal and external) in presentations and internal company meetings.
- Managing relationship of Front Office with Risk, Finance, and other internal departments.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the European Energy sector preferred, other commodity experience will be considered.
- Strong mathematical background, ability to work with large datasets and databases.
- Knowledge of the European gas markets is an advantage
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills. An ability to quickly define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Innovative thinker - ability to create own ideas and follow them through.
- Good database, statistics and programming experience skills, including VBA & SQL, other languages are a benefit (e.g. Python)
- Ability to turn theoretical ideas into practical application.
- Effectively articulate difficult and complex ideas and concepts through clear and concise verbal, visual and/or written communication.
- Flexible – Deal with challenging & changeable requirements.
- Fluent in English (additional languages are a benefit).
- Experience in trading is a benefit.
Please apply to
Please send your application in English to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only English Language applications will be considered.
Contact details: HR Manager in Switzerland (Simanovskaya Svetlana)