Middle Office Professional
Partners Group is a global private markets investment manager, serving over 850 institutional investors. We have USD 83 billion in assets under management and more than 1,200 professionals across 20 offices worldwide. We realize potential in private markets by financing and developing great companies, desirable real estate and essential infrastructure. We create value in our investments through active and long-term responsible ownership. What it's about
As part of the Middle office team, you will be responsible for execution and coordination of post trade activities and provide control and support functions to Execution desk and Portfolio management teams covering multiple asset classes.
The daily activities include:
What we expect
- Trade affirmation with counterparties in multiple asset classes (equities, foreign exchange, fixed income, options and futures)
- Agreeing and managing FX settlements (gross and net)
- Handling of interest claims on late settled FX trades, investigating the route-cause and minimizing the loss to client or firm
- Collateral management (cash only pledge) to reduce counterparty exposure risk
- Daily portfolio reconciliation, transaction reporting, dispute resolution to ensure compliance with regulations (EMIR, MiFID)
- Daily reconciliation of holdings, cash balance and underlying transaction against custodian data
- Managing and resolving trade breaks, settlement issues, missing confirmations, position statements
- Trade life cycle activities: corporate actions, equity CFD resets, option expiry
- New accounts onboarding with various counterparties or custodians
- Projects and process improvements
For this challenging position, we are looking for a well-organized and reliable person with a degree or professional qualification and additional 5-7 years of experience in the middle/back office of an investment bank, asset manager or other financial institution.
The successful candidate should have experience in coordinating the daily operations of a small team and managing multi-team projects. He or she should have a disciplined approach to work, analytical mind and professional communication style. We are looking for a committed and flexible person with a detail-oriented, efficient and pro-active approach to work who enjoys taking ownership and continuously seeking to enhance existing processes.
Knowledge of multi-asset class operations including derivatives and user experience of systems such as Omgeo CTM, Wall Street Suite, EzeSoft Tradar, ThinkFolio, Intellimatch, TriResolve, and TriMargin forms a competitive advantage.