Metals Traffic Manager, Switzerland
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a metals sales and distribution company seeking a traffic manager for their office in Zug, Switzerland. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Responsible for executing and overseeing the lifecycle of orders from receipt to closure (sales and purchase contracts, shipping documentation, letters of credit, insurance claims)
- In charge of organising transport (truck, rail and air), chartering vessels, containership management, and releasing material in warehouse
- Work closely with banks for arranging, negotiating and amending letters of credit on behalf of suppliers and customers
- Act as a point of contact for suppliers and customers regarding the status of orders, invoicing, documentation, claim management etc.
- Reports into the Head of Supply Chain
- Minimum 3 years' experience in traffic operations covering ferrous or non-ferrous metals: steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium, alumina, nickel, copper, zinc, cobalt, tin
- Experience in warehouse operations, freight management and material planning
- Familiar with handling shipping documentation (L/Cs), sales and purchase contracts as well as sound understanding of different trade and customs regulations
- Fluent in German and English with excellent knowledge of SAP and MS Excel
- Located in/near Zug (Switzerland) or happy to relocate to the area
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Commodity Search works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.