- Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- Finders SA
- 09 Apr 19
The chance for an M&A analyst or associate to join a leading boutique in the picturesque region of the Lake Geneva region in Switzerland.
Finders are mandated on an exclusive basis on behalf of a leading media & technology investment banking boutique.
With offices globally, this position of M&A Associate is joining our client's busy, small Lausanne office in Switzerland that is long-established and going from strength to strength! Working on deals in the media and tech space, this role is offering the chance to be part of a dynamic, close-knit team whilst still being part of a global mid-market player. The work will stretch you and provide excellent development opportunities.
Focusing on high quality M&A, fundraising and capital advisory, you will be joining a busy, small team as an investment banking M&A associate. This is an excellent opportunity to work at a leading boutique in a role with a high degree of responsibility, autonomy and client interaction.
Our client's associates work alongside senior staff (supported by a team of analysts and interns) on preparing, structuring and executing mandates, as well as on developing our client's brand and the firm in general.
Depending on experience, you will be responsible for parts or all elements of a project - from initial pitch through to documentation, marketing, negotiation and closing.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Deal management from pitching/origination to execution
- Development of financial models and documentation (presentations, teasers, IMs, etc.)
- Support senior deal team members in meetings with clients, deal negotiations, valuation, transaction structuring, etc.
- Direct interactions with clients and provision of corporate finance advisory services
- Management and coaching of junior staff (analysts and interns)
- Master's degree from a top-ranked college of engineering, business school or university - HEC Lausanne for example or EPFL
- 3-5 years experience gained with reputed firms in the fields of M&A, private equity, venture capital, strategy consulting or transaction services
- A very good understanding of M&A processes as well as a solid and proven deal track-record
- Exposure to relevant sectors and a strong understanding of new technologies, media and digital businesses
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinking, initiative and a drive to deliver
- Ability to effectively manage several concurrent projects at any one time
- Comfortable at mentoring more junior members of staff
- A team player able to fit into a small, flat structure
- Already living and working in Switzerland or compelling reasons for moving to the Lausanne region
- Swiss national preferred or else EU/EEA/British citizenship status eligible for Swiss work permit