Trading Systems Developer
- Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- White Oak Asset Management
- 22 Mar 19
White Oak Asset Management is a systematic hedge fund based in Geneva, Switzerland. The firm specialises in alternative asset classes and has a significant presence in the foreign exchange market. White Oak is recruiting a developer to join a dynamic team of experienced researchers, engineers and traders.
Role & Responsibilities
- Development of trading APIs, back-testing, reporting and monitoring tools to enable efficient implementation of systematic strategies.
- Development of fundamental libraries for the research team, optimising performance and development of infrastructure.
- Liaison and trouble-shooting with trading venues and third-party software providers.
- Designing and engineering low-latency trading systems for resilience, security and safer trading.
- Support the research team through developing the build, test and release process.
Key Skills & Requirements
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- A degree level qualification in a highly quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Engineering from a top-tier institution.
- 3-5 years professional experience .Net development in C# or F# is essential.
- Experience in engineering high-performance real-time software in a multi-threaded environment.
- Experience in all aspects of a modern development process including version control, unit testing and continuous integration.
- A good understanding of basic statistics and algorithmic complexity.
- Practical experience of SQL and database management, large data sets or time series data, TCP/IP, networking, WCF or web services would be useful.
- Trading systems experience, ideally in the FX or futures markets is highly desirable.
- The candidate must be an EU or Swiss citizen, or have a permit to work in Switzerland.
The successful applicant will be a good communicator, and be able to contribute to a dynamic, yet calm, working environment. The company values honesty, self-awareness, willingness to pitch in, and the ability to listen to other points of view to reach a team consensus.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org