Job reference: 0000DFPJ
- The role holder will report to the GRA FCR Manager and will be part of the GRA FCR team (Global Risk Analytics serving Financial Crime Risk) for Anti Money Laundering (AML) for Global Private Banking (GPB).
- This role supports:
- The coordination, production and delivery of various projects to support AML Risk Models needs for GPB.
- Provide advanced data analytics related to anti money laundering and transactions monitoring in the Private Bank & Investment area following Financial Crime Compliance standards.
- Understand the AML data Model in order to design bespoke business reports and to simulate the Risk model. Identification of patterns and potential outliers within the model.
- Follow up on Model Risk Governance, address audit points related to global or regulatory requirements and propose action plan. Assess local needs, follow up with Risk Owners and escalate if any issue.
- Build and manage effective, long term relationships with key stakeholders.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Help identify, share and implement best practice and ensure all people, processes and systems operate in a consistent manner
- Support Line Management by provision of analysis in delivering key AML TM goals.
- Provision of day to day TM system analytics support.
- Work effectively with peers and stakeholders across the FCC, GRA FCR and IT functions.
- Foster positive and professional working relationships within FCC, Global and Regional GRA FCR and colleagues throughout the Group.
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with colleagues at the Group and Regional levels.
- Ensure understanding of functional goals within GRA FCR.
- Support diversity and reflect the HSBC values.
Operational Effectiveness and Control
- Support GRA FCR efforts to deliver AML strategic TM objectives while also ensuring BAU control changes and analytics are delivered within the overall governance framework.
- Deliver analysis to support best practice AML TM solutions to deliver business objectives and optimal system performance as a global standard.
- Assist in the design, testing of data related to the implementation of new and existing AML systems and environments.
- Communicate effectively to different audiences, including both business and technical parties.
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge of industry AML initiatives and best practices.
- Develop general awareness of AML regulatory changes affecting system development projects and assist AML and project teams in remaining compliant.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
Principal Responsibilities :
Impact on the Business/Function:
- Act as team and technical leader for 2-3 remote analysts available in offshore center
- Supports delivery of data analysis and calculations for relevant projects in timely manner and high quality standards.
- Supports data integrity and testing of new systems.
- Enhances existing automated suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems.
- Adheres to Group and regulatory standards, the delivery of analytical tasks and supporting agreed operating plan objectives and the day-to-day business requirements.
- Adheres to relevant Global Standards methodologies in the tasks execution.
- Adheres to change control model for the effective and efficient delivery of actions.
- Support the delivery the GRA FCR requirements for all AML TM Compliance risk models.
- Effective engagement with the business areas in order to fully understand and address their requirements
- Rapid response to issues as they arise.
- Produce high quality deliverables in timely manner.
- Co-ordination with the various stakeholders and different GRA FCR, FCC and IT teams.
- The position provides analytics capability to support the activities prioritised by the Team Management.
- The position is responsible for delivering analysis to support compliance coverage of TM systems.
- The role will be given some supervisory guidance.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- The value of this role should be measured by the impact the team is expected to deliver in a continuously changing environment.
- Directly managed teams will deliberately be established as small teams of highly skilled, highly motivated change agents who will work as catalysts with the business partners to drive change.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability and experience on managing a team of technical analysts
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in data analysis and/or application development; Finance, Private Banking and AML Compliance specific experiences preferred.
- Strong analytical skills required to organize, assess multiple complex data sets, use statistical functions and methods. SQL, SAS, Tableau, Python and Machine learning experience is a plus.
- Data Modelling and Experience in Google analytics, AWS is a plus
- Understanding and proven experience in advanced statistical methods/functions
- Strong technical skills with experience using Oracle and MS Excel (advanced functions).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and creative thinking skills required.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills are essential.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, self-starter with a drive to deliver high quality deliverables.
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand specific AML risks, ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines.
- General understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools, and KYC automated solutions is helpful.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
To discover more about HSBC, please check our website: https://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc
Please apply via our career website:
Job reference: 0000DFPJ