Product Engineer (senior) FRENCH Speaking CORE Java Docker, Kubernetes Microservices Elastic Search: Geneva, Suisse Switzerland.
MUST HAVE: Fluent French
MUST have Product Engineering background in Live Production Environment with Core Java ; Docker, Kubernetes Microservices Elastic Search. This person will lead and coach and be the goto person within this team/division so we need someone who has passion and energy and gravitas to do this.
• IT Master’s Degree or equivalent proven experience
• 5+ years of experience in Core Java
• 3-5 years of experience with Spring Framework required
• Experience with Spring Boot required
• Experience with object-relational mapping frameworks
• Continuous build and test automation through Jenkins required
• Deployment and testing via containerization with Docker required
• Experience with Kubernetes is highly preferred
• Relational databases - very comfortable writing SQL, defining relational schemas, writing data migrations, and querying. (experience with PostgreSQL highly preferred)
• Non-relational databases: experience with Elasticsearch highly preferred
• RESTful microservice development in Java required
• Automated unit/integration/functional testing experience
• Experience deploying and testing applications on public cloud provider (AWS, Azure) preferred
• Experience with git (workflows, merge strategies, etc) required
• Knowledge of modern design pattern and building enterprise-grade production applications
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
The client has an ambitious purpose and our broad portfolio of propositions reflect that. Depending on your experience, skillset and interest you could be working on anything from new business propositions to building out the cloud connectivity platform to resolve how banks interact.
Ultimately, we are looking to enable payments innovation and reduce the risk, cost and complexity by providing payments solutions to our customers that ultimately drives revenue for The client.
How do we “do” Product Engineering in The client?
In The client we want our Product Engineers to have a curious approach and be passionate by delivering high quality innovative products through modern technologies. We want our product engineers to think “solution” and always having in mind the value we are bringing to our customers. With a drive to closure mindset a senior product engineer is a key member of our teams working in collaboration with his/her product managers, architects, QA and DEVOPS/SRE colleagues.
As a Senior Product Engineer, you'll be key on providing technical designs, collaborating with the architects and other engineers, ensuring that The client delivers the best, most innovative products to meet the market opportunity, drives new revenue streams and provide customer loyalty and growth. You will be a technical leader and have also the crucial role of evangelising the rest of the teams during the transition our organisation is doing between legacy and SaaS modern products.
What do we look for in a Senior Product Engineer?
First and foremost, we are looking for a particular type of person who can thrive in this organisation. As The client is in transition from legacy products and a monolithic way of developing products, the candidate will need to be fully comfortable with the new technology and be an inspiration for his/her colleagues helping others to grow as well as adapt to change. Experience in a start-up or a constant evolving and growing FI would be an advantage.
• Technically up to date on latest technologies and cloud native software design patterns. • Strong commitment in the problem to be solved.
• A person who is capable of seeing opportunities even during complex situations, having always the capacity of finding a solution to delight our customers.
This role is designed to be a senior member of the SaaS Platform Engineering Teams, helping to accelerate our time to market and to industrialise our way of delivering products.
Having experience with developing and delivering solution in a microservices architecture and a cloud native approach will make you stand out from the croud
Typically, as a Senior Product Engineer, your work will be focused on how to:
• Approach technically a solution for a given product.
• Propose the technically components that will be used, in collaboration with the Architects team.
• Ensure that the business requirements are fully understood, collaborating with the Product Management Team
• Support and improve our existing micro-service framework
• Shape best practices and evangelise the rest of the team around the adoption of our technical solutions.
• Work in an agile environment, participating to sprint planning, ceremonies and review.