Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with the trading arm of an international oil company who are looking for a middle office specialist with experience in biofuels to join their team in Geneva.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for compliance of trading activities relating to the biofuels desk as well as all limits and policies, both internal and external
- Keep clear communication with the trading team accurately maintain booking system and allocations whilst analysing P&L for the biofuels desk as well as analysing exposure of book
- ETRM data entry including deals and any data pertaining to trading strategies as well as highlighting any discrepancies to appropriate parties
- Perform quantitative and qualitative market analysis to ensure accuracy of market positions
- Reports into trading manager
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a middle office role in the biofuels sector as well as a degree (I.T., Engineering, Maths, Economics or Physics preferable)
- A strong understanding of the physical biofuels markets as well as risk management/derivatives trading
- Excellent ETRM and Excel skills as well as (ideally) VBA, SQL, and Python programming skills
- Ability to work autonomously, excellent communication skills and good ability manage priorities under pressure
- Role to be based in Geneva
For all positions based in Switzerland, Redstone Private Banking Search works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH. All candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.