GRA FCR Senior Analyst
- Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Private Bank (Suisse) SA
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
To Apply, please use the following link: https://hsbc.taleo.net/careersection/external/moresearch.ftl?lang=en-gb
The role holder will report to the Senior Analyst and will be part of the GRA FCR team (Global Risk Analytics serving Financial Crime Risk) for Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Global Sanctions for Global Private Banking (GPB).
- This role supports delivery of analysis for major projects and productivity tool development projects within AML Compliance by participating in data extraction and analysis and calculations.
- Supports data integrity and testing of new systems and enhances existing automated suspicious activity Transaction Monitoring (TM) systems and Know Your Customer ("KYC") programs.
- Adherence to relevant Global Standards methodologies in the tasks execution.
- Adherence to change control model for the effective and efficient delivery of actions.
- Provide accurate and timely information on exposures to escalate to management.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Form a meaningful working relationship with FCC Operations, Global and Regional GRA FCR teams, AML FCC peers, IT teams and stakeholders.
- Ensure that the Line Management are appropriately advised of material AML Transaction Monitoring (TM) issues.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support Line Management by provision of analysis in delivering key AML TM objectives.
- Provision of day to day TM system analytics support.
- Work effectively with peers and stakeholders across the FCC, GRA FCR and IT functions.
- Foster positive and professional working relationships within FCC, Global and Regional GRA FCR and colleagues throughout the Group.
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with colleagues at the Group and Regional levels.
- Ensure understanding of functional objectives and goals within GRA FCR.
- Support diversity and reflect the HSBC values.
Operational Effectiveness and Control
- Support GRA FCR efforts to deliver AML strategic TM objectives while also ensuring BAU control changes and analytics are delivered within the overall governance framework.
- Deliver analysis to support best practice AML TM solutions to deliver business objectives and optimal system performance as a global standard.
- Assist in the design, testing of data related to the implementation of new and existing AML systems and environments.
- Communicate effectively to different audiences, including both business and technical parties.
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge of industry AML initiatives and best practices.
- Develop general awareness of AML regulatory changes affecting system development projects and assist AML and project teams in remaining compliant.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
Impact on the Business/Function:
- Supports delivery of data analysis and calculations for relevant projects in timely manner and high quality standards.
- Supports data integrity and testing of new systems.
- Enhances existing automated suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems.
- Adheres to Group and regulatory standards, the delivery of analytical tasks and supporting agreed operating plan objectives and the day-to-day business requirements.
- Adheres to relevant Global Standards methodologies in the tasks execution.
- Adheres to change control model for the effective and efficient delivery of actions.
- Support the delivery the GRA FCR requirements for all AML TM Compliance risk models.
- Effective engagement with the business areas in order to fully understand and address their requirements
- Rapid response to issues as they arise.
- Produce high quality deliverables in timely manner.
- Co-ordination with the various stakeholders and different GRA FCR, FCC and IT teams.
- The position provides analytics capability to support the activities prioritised by the Senior Analyst and Team Management.
- The position is responsible for delivering analysis to support compliance coverage of TM systems.
- The role will be given some supervisory guidance.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in data analysis and/or application development; Finance, Private Banking and AML Compliance specific experiences preferred.
- Strong analytical skills required to organize, analyze multiple complex data sets, use statistical functions and methods. SAS and Spotfire experience is a plus.
- Strong technical skills with experience using Oracle and MS Excel (advanced functions).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and creative thinking skills required.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills are essential.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, self-starter with a drive to deliver high quality deliverables.
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand specific AML risks, ability to work under high pressure and aggressive deadlines.
- General understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools, and KYC automated solutions is helpful.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.