This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join Zeno, a Venture Capital and Private Equity investment group, managing closed ended funds with institutional clients, dedicated to investing in Europe and North America through its units Zeno Ventures and Zeno Partners. Zeno is headquartered in Geneva, where its dynamic team works in close collaboration to each other. The group is experiencing and delivering significant growth and, to sustain and accelerate the business expansion, is looking for a passionate, hands-on, and highly motivated Finance & Data Manager.
The Finance & Data Manager will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and developing the group’s data collection operations and techniques, as well as the group’s reporting, regulatory, finance and accounting requirements and systems. The position will be fully integrated within the group’s team in Geneva, and the Finance & Data Manager will be closely working side by side with the rest of the team.
If your objectives are to over-achieve and contribute to a growth story, you have a passion for alternative investments, data management, finance and accounting, and have relevant work experience, submit your CV now. We will be in touch soon!
Together with the investment analysts/managers and the affiliated entities’ portfolio companies, undertake various reporting requirements of the Group, including:
- regular oversight and preparation of the investor statements
- quantitative and qualitative portfolio updates, including updates of the valuations
- KPI tracking and dashboard creation; and others.
Maintain and improve IT and other systems and utilize software tools to streamline operating and reporting requirements, among others, and the finance and accounting needs of the group.
Other operational responsibilities, such as collection and organization of financial and operational data from the Group’s companies, affiliated entities, and investments.
Monitor the bookkeeping and manage all the books and records of the Group and the affiliated entities, located in various jurisdictions, including:
- oversee and reconcile the intercompany flows and balances
- monitor the treasury movements and situation, perform cash reconciliation and other treasury duties
- oversee external fund administrator's work for fund accounting.
Oversee operational budget and cash flow forecasting for various entities.
Manage the back-office suppliers and other third-party service providers, including:
- accounting and audit, including audit preparation and support
- risk, compliance, and control.
Oversee the annual and quarterly account closing for both investment and operation entities.
Oversee the annual tax and regulatory filings.
- Between 3–8 years’ experience in finance.
- Relevant working experience ideally with a Private Equity and/or Venture Capital firm, an Alternative investment fund manager, a fund administrator, or similar financial institutions and relevant service providers.
- Proficient user of Business Intelligence tools and IT knowledge are highly desired, such as VBA and macros, Python, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, and others.
- Capacity to identify and assess operational processes and define and implement optimization and transformation initiatives.
- Previous and successful experiences in middle- or back-office structures is an advantage.
- Higher-education degree (for example Bachelor of Science, or equivalent), ideally in management, accounting, finance, IT, engineering or relevant areas.
- Excellent communication skills towards internal stakeholders and external counterparties.
- Proactive, hands-on and results-oriented, very strong team spirit.
- Fluent in English. French and/or German is a plus.
- Resident in Geneva or the wider Geneva area, or willing to relocate.