Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our Credit Advisory team.
Credit Advisor is a client facing role whose main responsibility is marketing credit to RMs and clients by:
- Identifying, structuring, negotiating and underwriting new credit opportunities and/or
- Managing existing portfolios, developing appropriate recommendations for credit approval, ensuring compliance with documented covenants and financial reporting requirements and/or
- Reviewing credit limits and monitoring collateral while balancing portfolio’s risk-return
In this role, you will:
- Handle enquiries, provide guidance to business (RMs) in identifying, structuring and marketing suitable credit solutions to meet client’s needs and/or
- Underwrite and execute both loan and derivative structures, perform high quality analysis, due diligence and credit presentations and/or
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the content and aggregate risks within an assigned portfolio, trends and other KRIs and/or
- Recommend credit structure and assess risk
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provide good customer service at all times to both internal and external clients
- Proactively identify and develop new business opportunities for new and existing clients
- Adherence to all regulatory and HSBC Group controls in line with published guidelines
- Maintain and build strong relationships across all teams in PB
- Demonstrate expected core behaviours and values including teamwork, focus, drive and determination
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Recommend and review documentation
- Monitoring the adherence to published guidelines including the implementation of any changes in GPB Credit risk appetite
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory changes and industry trends
- Balance objective of risk management and client
- Change debt structure/risk ratings in response to changes in risk
- Actively work to maintain and improve portfolio quality and prevent loss
- Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with Relationship Managers and colleagues across the Group. Liaise with internal and external clients to ensure that their expectations are met in a timely manner and understood
- Develop and implement credit product marketing strategies, consistent with providing sound financial private banking advice and management of risk
- Underwrite all credit applications and annual reviews on a timely basis
- Monitor and manage portfolio risk and meet the KRI standards
- Ability to quickly assess and understand changes in client preferences, client appetite, as well as industry and competitor dynamics vis-à-vis credit products and solutions
- In partnership with the relationship management teams, provide a highly professional, competent and skilled service
- Complete all required credit applications and supporting documentationThe jobholder is required to adopt a proactive and enquiring approach to all tasks. They should have the ability to work with little or no supervision and to work well under pressure and to the required deadlines
- To use initiative and knowledge to deal with ad hoc requests as they arise and have the ability to see them through to a successful conclusion
Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Previous professional experience of minimum 3-5 years in credit/Lombard lending
- Experience in credit analytics, portfolio and risk management
- University degree is preferred
- Have proven sales skills, understands what drives new business, and how to interact with clients and prospective clients to develop high quality lending opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High quality collaboration skills in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage relationship manager and client expectations
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Due to immigration restrictions in Switzerland we will only be able to consider applications from Swiss or EU citizens or from candidates holding a valid Swiss work permit
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
HSBC is a signatory company of the Advance Charter. This Charter is a commitment towards gender equality in business and hence a workplace environment that supports a fair and balanced approach to hiring, remunerating, promoting and retaining female talent.
Within HSBC in Switzerland all internal candidates from Group and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the role. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis.
To discover more about HSBC, please check our website: https://www.hsbc.com/about-hsbc
Please apply via our careers website at the following link :
Taleo reference: 0000GEE