Senior IT Project Manager - Enterprise Data Management Platform
- CHF800 - CHF900 per day
- Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
- Contract, Full time
- Stamford Consultants AG
- 01 Apr 19
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for planning and executing a multi-year (2-3 years) reference & market data management project. This role will also assist in business requirements gathering and functional analysis.The position works with SMEs, the project team and vendor to develop the data structure, process and business rule designs that satisfy business requirements to build bank-wide enterprise data management system on a new purchased EDM solution.
- Build strong working relationships by collaborating across multiple teams, business units to achieve desired solutions for mastered securities, prices, trades and common reference data
- Learn our enterprise data management tool; the foundation for achieving goals related to a key data initiative
- Translate business functional design requirements into technical solutions through the design, development, integration, and testing of master data solutions
- Manage relationships with multiple business stakeholders, understanding their business drivers and the future direction of the business
- Prepare reports for steering and stakeholder level decision making and decision support
- Develop risk mitigation plans and manage customer expectations and resolve cross-functional issues
- Work closely with business users, vendor and internal project teams on requirements for the projects
- Prepare and compile all project requirements, scheduling, budgeting and implementation timelines
- Analyse and resolve problems associated with technical issues, project resources, and project integration issues
- Execute well-defined project analysis, including cost benefit and structure analysis
- Manage key vendor relationships including contract negotiations and pricing
- In depth investment securities knowledge
- Solid knowledge of project management practices including budget, schedule, risk management, quality management, communication, scope management and resource coordination
- Ability to define and document functional specifications, business processes and business rules
- Ability to work effectively with remote and global teams
- Basic SQL skills
- Able to communicate effectively in English, orally and in writing
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 8 years' experience as project manager and/or business analyst of software implementation/development projects
- Experience working in the financial services industry, experience in working with market and credit risk management principles is preferred
- Experience with market data providers such as Bloomberg, Reuters, S&P, Moody's etc.
- Experience with data mapping, data validation, and requirements elicitation techniques and deliverables
- Experienced in managing testing cycles with a structured approach to testing strategy
- Experience with enterprise data management tools (eg. GoldenSource, MarkIt EDM etc) would be preferred
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM best practices is preferred
Are you ready for this challenge?
Let's talk about this interesting opportunity.
Candidates matching the requirements are kindly invited to apply for this role.
Please apply online or send me your english CV to:
The Stamford Group, Stamford Consultants and Talentis Solutions are brands of Allegis Group. By applying to our advertised job posting, you agree to the transfer and processing of your personal information by Allegis Group outside of Switzerland to one of our group companies, service providers or clients as described in our Privacy Notice. Further information on the compliance solutions we use is available in the "International Data Transfers" section of our Privacy Notice. Please note when you provide us with your data, we will share it within Allegis Group which involves the transfer of such data outside Switzerland and the European Economic Area, subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Privacy Notice.