Quantitative Developer C++/Python
- Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland Basel Basel-Stadt CH
- Permanent, Full time
- Circular Capital AG
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
- Development of software infrastructure and models for algorithmic trading.
- Design and deliver high quality code that is robust, clearly written, and performs well.
- Maintain and iteratively improve production code. Understand data structures and flows, advocate for changes where needed.
- Solve challenging technical problems by acquiring insights into a broad range of topics and by identifying relevant technologies; and find an optimal solution that properly balances all requirements.
- Work with data sets and apply quantitative methods and machine learning as required. Conduct end-to-end analysis and contribute to key decisions.
- Collaborate with colleagues on various ongoing projects.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related technical field with aboveaverage achievements.
- Strong development skills in C++ or any other object-oriented language.
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis, and software design.
- Skilled in writing understandable code, in developing and optimizing applications, and in collaborating via version control systems like Git.
- Ideally, you have in-depth knowledge of Unix/Linux from kernel to shell, high performance computing, and possibly of quantitative methods.
- You are proficient in at least one scripting language (preferably Python), and you like automating and scaling up daily processes to handle large amounts of data in a complex system.
- English mandatory; German optional.
- Ability to communicate logically and precisely, motivated to share your insights and to learn from others.
A challenging and interesting position, working in an innovative company that meets highest standards and prevails in a very competitive international field. You will work on your own projects and participate in a collaborative environment with extremely talented people. You can expect versatile tasks, flat hierarchies, and insights into how financial markets work. You will receive generous compensation and benefits, and you will be able to introduce your visions and ideas and utilize your professional skills to the fullest.
Circular Capital is located in the Basel area. We look forward to receiving your application including your complete documents at firstname.lastname@example.org.