About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Product Controls main services are the daily monitoring of investment restrictions and NAV plausibility checks to ensure the published NAVs are correct. The setup of funds, the programming of rules and system improvements in the investment compliance tool MIG21 are managed within the team.
The team is in charge of many interesting projects and special area tasks like the screening and implementation of new laws and guidelines, the advisory and approval of new funds and internal investment guidelines, netting & hedging checks, hedged share classes, sec lending and collateral checks, OTC derivatives, NAV timeliness, impact analysis, the creation of sophisticated reports and the implementation of a new investment compliance system.
The Product Control team collaborate with many stakeholders such as Portfolio Managers, Clients, Client Relationship Managers, Manco Oversight Teams, Fund Engineering Teams, Product Managers, Mancos, Depositaries, Auditors and many internal Operations teams.
The main assets of this team are the motivated, skilled and diverse 13 partners who always respect and support each other.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Monitoring fund’s investment restrictions (fund prospectus, KAG, KKV, KKV-FINMA, BVV2, UCITS, internal investment guidelines)
• Performing NAV plausibility checks before NAV publication
• Responding to client queries and requests, product management, portfolio managers, operation departments, legal, compliance, auditors, etc.
• Maintaining and optimizing our compliance application, by parameterizing funds, programming rules and implementing new functions
• Migrating funds from MIG21 to the new investment compliance application FundWare.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Higher education in economics (University or Fachhochschule)
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• Good knowledge of financial markets, asset management, complex instruments, derivatives and accounting
• Knowledge of Swiss laws and guidelines for investment restriction checks (KAG, KKV, KKV-FINMA, BVV2, FINMA-Guidelines, SFAMA-Guidelines) is an advantage
• Committed, pro-active and efficient
• Fluent in German and English
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.