Network Engineer / Ingenieur
As one of the premier suppliers to our international banking client in Basel, Swisslinx are looking for an experienced Network Engineer with broad experience of the latest network and firewall technologies, especially CISCO.
This is a rolling contract start ASAP until March 2021 with option to extend up to five years.
In this far-reaching role you work with a group of networking and firewall enthusiasts from all over the globe working on a number of high-profile initiatives for our client.
Within a highly collaborative team of five engineers, who are responsible for ensure the support and maintenance of business-critical networks through both service provider management and third-level support as required you will have the following responsibilities:
- Implementation and maintenance of core server, networking and infrastructure application technologies, ensuring optimal secure environment availability.
- Support and maintenance of network infrastructures and their dependencies, through the application of industry best practices.
- Testing, coordination and implementation of both release-based and environment design changes.
- Management of service providers with an emphasis on efficiency and quality.
- Business-oriented customer relationship management with a focus on high quality of service and clear communication.
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours during service windows and to provide on-call cover for evenings and weekends.
As the suitable candidate, you would have a solid background carrying out operational/maintenance tasks and possess the following skills:
- Proven track record as a Network Engineer (5+ years experience)
- Strong Cisco ISE knowledge, alongside knowledge of NXOS and/or IOS
- Experience in developing and implementing zone concepts using automation tools
- Consistent track record in provision of third-level support and design input in an enterprise environment
- Broad understanding of ITIL fundamentals and their application in a business environment
- Excellent command of English
- You have a high customer orientation and enjoy working in a team
The following skills would be very much desired:
- Palo Alto knowledge a huge advantage
- Big IP F5 load balancing
- Cisco ISE - 802.1 and ACI
- Monitoring, ideally Cisco Prime and Nagios
- Experience with Data Centres
- Knowledge and experience with cabling
- Experience with Infoblox
- German would be a considerable Advantage
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA