Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet.
Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
M&A Associate (m/f/d)
The Associate will be a key member of the Syngenta Global M&A team based in Basel, Switzerland. The individual will work closely with the Project Leaders/Managers throughout the entire deal process. Responsibilities include researching and evaluating potential acquisition targets, supporting the execution of cross border transactions, developing solid business cases and financial models, and coordinating due diligence.
- Support the M&A team in identifying, screening and evaluating global M&A opportunities
- Support the M&A team in streams or phases of M&A transactions and overall assessment of potential opportunities (e.g. attractiveness, strategic fit, portfolio review, valuation, due diligence, key issues having a material impact on price and structuring) with the proactive and timely involvement of all relevant company stakeholders and functions
- Develop robust business cases and financial models and assess the value creation potential of acquisition, divestiture, alliance proposals • Track valuation trends and fundamentals in the sector
- Support Manager in reflecting due diligence findings in business cases
- Participate in initial planning of post-merger integration
- Actively adhere to regulations, corporate governance/ policies, support implementation of adequate checks and balances during deal execution process
- Ensure knowledge sharing and transfer across the team and the firm
What are we looking for:
- 2-4 years professional M&A experience, ideally coming from investment banking or the Big 4
- Strong financial analysis skills, valuation experience is a plus
- Master’s degree / professional qualification (e.g. CFA, CPA, ACA) or M&A boot camp training a plus
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new teams and projects, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Project management and interpersonal skills with ability to work on multiple projects and within diverse teams
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present effectively
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
- Annual bonuses.
- A competitive pension fund plan.
- Preferential conditions with insurance companies.
- Family-friendly initiatives.
- Exclusive reduction offers for employees.
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment #bringingplantpotentialtolife.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) – reference number 18029374.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status