Lead Azure Cloud Engineer / Ingenieur
As one of the top suppliers to our client, a prestigious bank in Basel, Swisslinx are looking for a highly motivated and technology savvy Lead Azure Cloud Engineer to help design and implement a flexible Azure cloud infrastructure.
This is a rolling contract (with possibility to extend for up to five years) role in Basel, Switzerland, initially running for 12 months.
Joining a highly professional and motivated team of 10 based in Switzerland and Singapore you would support the solution design and implementation for Azure cloud. Helping build out the infrastructure, you would work on a number of Azure projects to expand the core building blocks.
• Cloud Engineering: Support implementation of a flexible Azure cloud-based sandbox environment which enables the Innovation Hub project teams to iterate and pivot rapidly.
• Operations and DevSecOps: Monitor the Innovation Hub project sandbox environments (cost, security, guidelines/policies) using out-of-the-box Azure services. Optimize operations through automation, configuration as code, and through strong partnership with developers and security.
• Scripting and Infrastructure as Code: Develop Powershell, Python, Terraform and Ansible code to manage and interact with Azure cloud services and Windows/Linux operating systems.
• Solution Engineering: Contribute to the design and implementation of the innovation projects.
This is a unique chance to work in a highly collaborative environment on a project with a far reaching impact on the bank and support the bank in shaping its approach to the adoption of crypto currency and block chain topics for the future.
In order to be considered for this role, you have minimum 5 years' experience, have a hands on mind-set and will possess the as many of the following skills and experience:
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Cloud, Microsoft Azure AD, Azure Resource Management, Azure Subscriptions, Azure IaaS and PaaS services, security hardening of Azure environments/PaaS services.
• Experience with DevOps practices, in particular automation and reusability as key enablers of project delivery and operations.
• Fluency in scripting languages and common automation frameworks (Powershell must have, Bash/Python/Ansible/ Terraform nice to have)
• Experience in one or multiple programming languages (C#, Java, Python, Kotlin etc) as well as solution design.
• Experience with configuration management practices and technologies and leveraging orchestration to ensure configuration consistency.
• Fluency in English (additional languages a plus)
The following are nice to have:
• Fluency with code and deployment management solutions, in particular Git and Azure DevOps services is a great plus.
• Experience in the banking industry
Please note due to COVID interviews would be conducted remotely, however the role is based 100% in Switzerland. The team is currently working for home during the pandemic and 2-3 days home office will be offered post COVID.
Are you interested to work in an international environment in one of the leading financial companies in Switzerland? Then apply now! We look forward to receiving your full application.
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA