Senior Cloud Architect
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Senior Cloud Architect
to join our Enterprise Engineering
Team. About Cognizant Digital Business
Cognizant's Digital Engineering (CDE) Practice have been formed to support our clients Java based applications requirements. As we are strengthening our European operations, the Digital Practice wants to leverage our thought-leadership capabilities to drive clients to accelerate the pace of their inevitable towards java-based applications and their journey. Cognizant has implemented the strategic global relationships to support our aspirations going forward. About role
We are looking for a Senior cloud architect
with a background in cloud native development to strengthen our team. As cloud architect, you will be at the frontline of digital transformation. You will actively work with our customers transitioning them to the cloud and share your experience and expertise with the other members of the Digital Architecture community.
You will become an active member of the architecture community team that works closely with other disciplines/roles. You are T-shaped professional and responsible for the whole life cycle (i.e. architecture, development, operations) of application development in diverse cloud technologies and will align with corporate architecture policies including security and data privacy guidelines. #Dir Our ideal candidate (Key Skills & Experience)
What you can expect
- Primary Skills (Must have) - Degree in computer- or natural science and at least 14 years of experience in large software projects with at least 3 years of design and development of application architecture and system landscapes in public cloud and containerized environments.
- Experience with one of the platforms: AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure with understanding of the breadth of end to end technology stack and depth with one platform; eexperience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of architectural methods e.g. TOGAF or Zachman; profound knowledge in the design, development and implementation of large applications and complex systems
- Should be a practitioner on Could foundry principles and having knowledge on 12/15 Factor App strategy
- Good understanding of DevOps, continuous integration/ delivery and pipeline phases, security/ applied cryptography
- Experience with REST, JSON, OpenAPI/ Swagger and consumer driven API contract testing
- Excellent communication in English, written and spoken
- Become part of a the 'flag ship' success story
- Mediator: able to guide the team in adopting the architecture vision and software design principles;
- Negotiation: being able to negotiate trade-offs between non-functional requirements
- Being able to act as a mature sparring partner with the solution architects in client organization
- Open, 'can do' team spirit
- Environment where you can make your own ideas reality & Drive your own career #Mgr