Relationship Manager Priority Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Accountable for achieving the Revenue targets for the Priority Client Portfolio under his/her purview while contributing to the achievement of the revenue target for the specific branch and overall to the Priority Banking business.
- Have complete knowledge of the clients in terms of the profile and assets.
- Grow the asset and liability balances of clients within the portfolio
- Successfully identify and pitch products/services as per the needs of the clients
- Ensure that the clients are served exceptionally and all communication is done on a timely manner
- Work closely with the Service Relationship Manager (SRM) in serving Priority Clients and following up on products cross sold
- Update the customer view on a monthly basis post conversations with clients
- Generate referrals for new clients through the existing portfolio of clients
- Ensure that clients not meeting criteria are downgraded quarterly or on a case by case basis as and when required according to the downgrade process
- Act and convert leads identified through centrally managed programs through Analytics
- Acquire and be thorough on the Priority Client Value proposition offered to clients
- Be up to date on all processes and policy requirements in order to serve clients
- Ensure that all periodic and dynamic reviews pertaining to Customer Due Diligence (CDD) are completed within the timelines accurately
- Ensure that all ALM triggers pertaining to clients are answered within the given timelines
- Be fully aware of all the policies and procedures issued in relation to ORMA, Group Code of Conduct, Customer Due Diligence and Money laundering prevention (group and local). Ensure compliance with these policies and procedures on an ongoing basis. Any suspicious transaction must immediately be reported to the supervising officer. Ensure zero tolerance method for all this aspects.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external guidelines and ensure minimal comments in audits and other inspections.
- He/She is aware of bank's Mis-selling & Sales Policies and ensure adherence all the times.
- Premises management in areas of merchandising, housekeeping as well as store management as an employee, you are responsible for working with the Bank to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for all. As part of the Health and Safety guidelines you should:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by your actions or your omissions;
- Co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and safety in the workplace;
- Ensure that your actions do not put others at risk;
- Work in a healthy and safe manner;
- Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner;
- Report all accidents and incidents; and Bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
- As a manager you are also responsible for the health and safety aspects within your area of control. You need to ensure that:
- Your employees are adequately trained and supervised to perform their tasks in a safe manner.
- Your employees are free to raise any Health and safety issues and these issues are addressed appropriately.
- The contractors working in your area or for you are working in a safe & healthy manner.
- Prior experience (2 years) in managing a portfolio of high net worth clients
- A degree and or an MBA will be an advantage although not a prerequisite
- Self motivation and highly developed inter-personal skills
- Proven computer literacy and familiarity with core systems
- Excellent organisation. Administration and task co-ordination skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .