Our client is one of the leading suppliers of Solar PV (photovoltaic) solutions and is a globally established, fully integrated market leader with offices in the EMEA, APAC and US region. They offer a wide range of clean energy solutions including Solar PV modules and systems and have diversified their portfolio to include Energy Storage also.
Having identified Europe as one of the most important solar PV markets, they are looking to expand their European team with an experienced Business Development professional that has a proven background in originating and building PV project pipelines to help them develop their already expansive presence in Spain and Portugal.
This is an ideal opportunity for a forward-thinking individual with a focus on career development to join a high performing team within a market leading developer that is known for investing in the careers and development of their staff.
- To oversee the monthly and weekly reporting to management and clients, maintaining business relationships with developers and investors, dealing with commercial/ contract negotiations
- You will also be responsible for developing and entering new markets within the region, ensuring that you have the market knowledge of local market regulations so that the company will be positioned correctly into the new markets.
- Take responsibility for generating new business within the Spanish and Portuguese region, taking a leading role whilst working closely with landowners and grid operators
- Working with local authorities to obtain the necessary permits and licenses for the projects
- Maintain current knowledge of current market trends and activities.
- Educated to a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (preferably Bachelor of Science) or equivalent qualification
- At least 3-4 years experience within the Spanish development industry (preferably Solar PV)
- Business fluent in both Spanish and English both spoken and written, Portuguese would be a benefit
- Can regularly travel for business purposes across both Spain and Portugal
- Prior experience in originating and developing multi-MW PV sites
- To have communicated professionally and have versatile communication skills whilst working in a team
- Demonstrated understanding and skill using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Please apply directly to email@example.com with a copy of your CV in a Microsoft Word format. Please note that due to the quantity of applications we receive, only relevant applications will receive a response.