Intern, Business Intelligence and Investigations
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services. For more information visit www.kroll.com .
Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 3,500 professionals in 28 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world's leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. Summary of Intern Programme
Kroll is seeking to identify one Portuguese-speaker to join its Investigations & Disputes Practice for an internship. This will enable you to gain an insight into working for a leading investigative consultancy firm, with an opportunity to work alongside Case Managers and Analysts on live cases to gain valuable commercial experience.
You will provide key support to the wider Investigations team and will be given the opportunity to carry out a wide range of tasks to support Case Managers during an investigation; from collating and analysing data, to carrying out research using a variety of research methods to providing administrative support. Interns will gain a key insight into the case-work undertaken by Kroll whilst gaining valuable commercial experience in a unique and fast-moving industry.
Candidates must show a willingness to learn and have a flexible approach to work, with excellent communication skills and thrive on working in a team-orientated environment.
This opportunity will appeal to students who have a key interest in working for a global organisation, as well as having an awareness of working across different cultural environments. Due to the global reach of our business, the ability to read and write in a second European language is highly desirable; however not essential.
For the duration of the internship, you will be partnered with a member of the Investigations team who will ensure you get the most out of your experience with Kroll. RESPONSIBILITIES:
During the internship, students will be able to develop their research and analytical skills, with the opportunity to carry out the following tasks:
- Carry out research by using databases, internet and public domain tools.
- Gathering and organising large volumes of data.
- Document and e-mail review and analysis.
- Assist Case Managers in using Word and PowerPoint to present key findings and patterns identified in the investigation.
- Communicate regularly with colleagues to inform of progress of case work, highlighting key issues where necessary.
- Maintain accurate research records and record all billable costs.
Below lists the qualifications, skills and competencies which students will need to meet to be considered for the intern programme:
- With Master's or university Degree or penultimate/final year university students.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Portuguese.
- Fluency in a third language (specific language skills can be requested depending on case work requirements) is desirable, but not essential.
- Research and analytical skills - ability to gather, process and review a wide variety of information to produce high quality and thorough analysis.
- Attention to detail.
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely to Case Managers and Analysts.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.