Legal Entity Principle Risk Manager, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Reporting to Head of ERM APAC ex-IAJ (India, Australia and Japan), the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) in Korea, internally known as Principle Risk Manager (PRM), is responsible for providing direction, support and oversight to the business divisions within SSBT Seoul Branch with respect to State Street's risk management framework and takes charge of examining and managing risks incurred in the course of managing assets, performing business affairs, and other various transactions. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Legal Entity Principle Risk Manager you will
What we value
- Develop and maintain an effective risk management framework for the Seoul Branch, appropriate for its current business activities and strategy, across all risk types
- Oversee implementation of State Street's risk management policies with the Seoul Branch and develop and oversee a implementation of Branch level risk management policies as necessary to meet local regulatory or market specific requirements.
- Respond to regulatory body (e.g. FSS & FSC), government body (e.g. NTS), internal and external advisors and other internal control groups on all risk related issues.
- Be responsible for oversight and resolution of all risk aspects of the Branch operations, accountable for non-compliance of risk related laws and regulations as stipulated by the local authorities.
- Maintain an effective risk governance structure for the Seoul Branch and oversight of appropriate actions to prevent recurrence for higher impact incidents or to address significant risks. Have primary responsibility for the ongoing conformance to the State Street Legal Entity Governance Standards in relation to the Risk Management items.
- Chair Risk Management Committee with Branch Manager
- Aggregation and monitoring of risk exposures across the Branch. Escalation of significant risks to the Risk Committee, Branch Manager and Budget Manager as appropriate.
- Operational Risk Management as a second line of defense for the Seoul Branch, including Global Market, Global Treasury and Global Services (Client Services) to ensure timely recognition, evaluation, monitoring and control.
- Collaborate with Legal, Compliance, Regulatory and Industry Affairs and Corporate Audit as appropriate.
- Promote development and maintenance of a strong risk culture in the Seoul Branch.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative risk advice to the business on risk matters.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity and ensure compliance with accepted industry practice, company policies, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Lead or support regional ERM projects or assignments. Act as designated subject matter expert for specific ERM policies, tools or product areas, including coordinating with regional teams, communicating with Boston ERM and disseminating relevant information amongst ERM peers across the APAC region.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Broad understanding of overall risk functions
- Professional analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Strong communication and organizational skills required
- Efficient project management and leadership skills required
- Ability to develop and maintain business relationships across the corporation
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10+ years risk management experience and a total of ten years or more experiences in financial institutions
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers